What You Should Know
Nickelodeon Fit is a health and fitness game developed for the Nintendo Wii, targeted at preschool aged children, using their favorite television show characters to help them get active and have fun while they are doing it. The idea of this game is to help combat against childhood obesity, while making the activity of the Wii accessible to younger children. Take a look at this review to see what we think about it.
List of Ingredients
Nickolodeon Fit features more than 25 activities with four main Nick Jr. characters: Dora, Diego, Kai-lan, and The Backyardigans. The game starts with just a few activities unlocked, where the remainder of the activities are unlocked through more game play. There are two activities featuring all of the characters together: The Great Relay and Round Robin. The games with Dora are: Hip Hoop, Pogo Adventure, Bike Explorer, Double Hip Hoop, Extreme Pogo, Super Biking, and Explorer Bounce. The activities with Diego are: Rescue Boarding, Beach Blast, Rescue Rafting, Skateboarding, Double Blast, Extreme Rafting, and Flying Condor. The activities with Kai-lan are: Balloon Bounce, Race, Race, Race!, Football Throw, Super Bounce Hurdle Race, Catch This!, and Fireworks Burst. The activities with The Backyardigans are: Skip Rope, Big Bowling, Color Bounce, Double-Skip, Golden Pin, Shape Bounce, and Great Stretch.
- Nickolodeon Fit engages children with their favorite Nick Jr. characters.
- The game is available from a variety of merchants, both online and off, for under $30.
- Nickolodeon Fit is only targeted toward young, preschool aged children.
- The game is only available on the Nintendo Wii console.
- This game requires the Wii Balance Board, which must be purchased separately.
- You may need to invest in the kid sized wii remotes and nunchuck accessory for optimal game play.
- Some people report their children find the game too easy and want to play Wii Fit, while others report the children have figured out all you have to do is shake the remote to fool the console into believing the correct actions have been taken.
Nickolodeon Fit is a good way to encourage younger children to get active, and is a wonderful way to keep them moving on a rainy day when they otherwise would not be outside playing and moving around. It won’t necessarily help with weight loss, which is a tricky thing where children are concerned, but it can help prevent weight gain and obesity. If your child has a weight issue, it is important to speak to a medical professional to seek the appropriate guidance. You can engage your children and play the game together to play and get in quality time together.