What You Should Know
When you decide you want to lose weight you may plan out your daily menus, choose an exercise routine, and look for diet supplements to help you stick to your plan during the day. But what about nighttime cravings? What happens after dinner when you are relaxing with the family, trying to clean the house, or attempting to fit in a little more time for work? This is often the time when a diet plan may get derailed. NightSlim promises to address nighttime cravings, but just how effective is it?
One of the biggest problems with products that claim to be all natural is that they are often relying on untested combinations of herbs. In this case the dominant ingredient is Hoodia gordonii which was first found in South Africa. Indigenous people in the area ate the meat of the plant to decrease hunger on extended hunting expeditions. This use of the plant is what has garnered so much interest in the diet supplement community.
List of Ingredients
A full list of ingredients are not available, however, the product does contain 250 mg of Valerian extract and 1,000 mg of Hoodia.
The makers of NightSlim claim the product will suppress your appetite for up to five hours enabling dieters to withstand late night snack temptations. Additionally the company promises a weight loss of 1-5lbs per week.
- NightSlim does contain hoodia, which has anecdotal evidence indicating it is an all natural appetite suppressant.
- The product is competitively priced.
- It is difficult to find an online retailer and the product is not sold in stores.
- There are no scientific studies provided that indicate this product has been tested for efficacy.
- Most of the evidence suggesting Hoodia works as an appetite suppressant is anecdotal.
- The company does not provide any third party certification proving that they use authentic Hoodia.
- The weight loss promised is modest and not substantially more than what is possible through diet alone.
- There are no customer testimonials for this product.
A diet supplement that promises to reduce nighttime cravings and help you cut your caloric intake drastically is a very tempting proposition. However, this product does not offer any supporting evidence that the combination it uses actually works as advertised. There are no customer testimonials and the manufacturer does not maintain a website to provide information for consumers. If you are looking for a product to help facilitate weight loss, this is probably not the right product. Instead, look for a product that has been clinically proven to work, offers a money back guarantee, and provides customer testimonials.