What You Should Know
Nutrisystem is a diet plan that consists of planned meals, as opposed to many other diet programs, which offer oral medications that suppress hunger. The Nutrisystem dieting system can be broken down into seven different categories. First you have the “Women’s Program,” which is formulated to be low in fat and involves the “Glycemic Index.” Second you have the “Men’s Program.” This program supposedly allows men to enjoy standard male eating habits, but lose weight at the same time. Next you have the “Silver” programs. These are formulated for senior dieters, and there is a program that addresses men and one geared toward women. These diet programs include something called “Nutrihance,” which works as a vitamin supplement for those over 60 years of age. Finally there’s the “Vegetarian Program.” Naturally this program aims to encourage weight loss, but with all vegetarian meals.
The primary marketed program from Nutrisystem is called “Nutrisystem Advanced.” This dieting system offers 28 days of Nutrisystem food, a daily meal planner, an exercise DVD to assist with physical fitness, weigh loss counseling and a few online tools. In case you were wondering, the complete Nutrisystem program is delivered to your home. It appears that each program sells for $300-$350 per month. With these Nutrisystem programs, you can choose from at least 120 different meal options. Essentially you select the meals and desserts you desire, as long as they apply to the program that suits you.
List of Ingredients
Not really applicable.
Nutrisystem is basically a diet program that’s based on pre-planned meals, which are geared toward different types of dieters, male and female, young and mature. This system aims to reduce the user’s body weight by incorporating low-fat meals with minimal carbohydrates and sufficient protein. The Glycemic Index is a key factor of Nutrisystem, which concerns “healthy carbs.” As opposed to many diet supplements that consist of pills, Nutrisystem is a meal-based diet plan. The dieter can purchase a month or more of planned meals in advance to potentially lose weight.
- The Nutrisystem official website explains how the diet plan works.
- Nutrisystem offers various plans that apply to different types of people.
- Nutrisystem can be easily and conveniently ordered via the official website.
- A prescription is not needed with Nutrisystem.
- There is no manufacturer guarantee that the Nutrisystem dieting plan will work for you.
- Nutrisystem may be rather expensive for the average consumer since it costs over $300 per month.
- The pre-planned Nutrisystem meals may get a bit tiresome for some dieters, who prefer greater variety.
- Other weight loss systems and dieting plans sell for less.
- Some users may prefer a simpler dieting plan that merely involves a pill or capsule that’s taken once daily.
- Some find meals unappetizing. (See reader reviews.)
- Nutrisystem may not curb hunger for all users, since portion sizes are non-negotiable.
While Nutrisystem is certainly an interesting diet program that makes daily meal preparation a cinch, it appears to be significantly higher priced than many other dieting programs. Nutrisystem would likely benefit dieters that wish to have their entire eating schedule planned out for them each day. However, that doesn’t mean that Nutrisystem will absolutely assist you in the weight loss process. On the bright side, Nutrisystem does not have to be prescribed by a medical professional, but it may not look as appealing as some of the other convenient diet medications and programs currently available.