What You Should Know
The Pomegranate Diet has become popular in recent years. Pomegranates themselves have recently been hailed as the new “super food.” It is rich in antioxidants and other nutrients. In fact the Pomegranate has been revered throughout history. It has been used as a harvest and fertility symbol in a number of religions and it is the Pomegranate which was attributed as giving Helen of Troy her beauty and vitality. The Pomegranate is said to be able to cleanse and rejuvenate the body. Some people are of the opinion that it also has abilities to help procure weight loss. It is for this reason that some of those who wish to lose weight follow the Pomegranate Diet. The Pomegranate Diet basically consists of using the Pomegranate as a core food in your weight loss program.
The fruit the Pomegranate makes up the core food in the Pomegranate Diet.
If you wish to follow the Pomegranate Diet then you can of course simply buy fresh Pomegranates and eat them as an integral part of your diet. However there are also some specific weight loss supplements which contain Pomegranate as a main active ingredient. You can also purchase Pomegranate Juice to use when following the Pomegranate Diet. Weight loss supplements can be purchased directly from online stores or in person in pharmacies and drug stores. Although there is no doubt that the pomegranate has numerous healthy properties, there is little clinical evidence that it can actually help you procure weight loss. In fact there is no proof that it is more effective than other super foods in helping you achieve your weight loss objectives. Additionally, while it is undeniably high in healthy antioxidants, pomegranate juice is also very high in calories.
- The Pomegranate has been revered for centuries for its health giving qualities.
- The Pomegranate is high in antioxidants which can help fight free radicals.
- This fruit can help cleanse your body of toxins.
- There is no clinical evidence that shows that the Pomegranate Diet can help procure weight loss or is more effective than other diets.
- There is no evidence that the Pomegranate is superior than other super foods available.
- Some weight loss supplements for sale do not offer a money back guarantee upon purchase.
- The claims made for a number of the supplements which contain the Pomegranate are not backed up with clinical trials or studies.
- Pomegranate juice is actually pretty high in calories, so it may not be the best choice if you’re looking to lose weight.
If you would like to follow the Pomegranate Diet to give you a health boost and to help rid your body of toxins then this diet is unlikely to do you any harm. There is, however, no clinical evidence presented that the Pomegranate Diet is effective in procuring weight loss. We cannot therefore recommend it over and above other diets which are available.