What You Should Know
Renew G is one of those supplements that claims to pack multiple positive effects for the user. Among the claims, the makers of Renew G want the dieter to believe the supplement will improve weight loss, increase energy and improve mood. There are even claims that the ingredients will improve sexual desire. We find it hard to believe that one supplement will work in so many ways unless the ingredient list is a mile long.
List of Ingredients
- Kanna (extract)
- Phenethylamine (natural monoamine alkaloid similar to amphetamine)
- Valeric acid (28%)
- Withania Somnifera (containing alkaloids somniferine, somnine, somniferinine, withananine, pseudowithanine, tropine, pseudo-tropine, cuscohygrine, anferine and anhydrine)
- Seville orange
- Brazilian Cocoa (containing the actives guaranine and the alkaloids theobromine and theophylline)
- Shilajit (35%) (containing naturally occurring fulvic acid, humic acid, uronic acids, hippuric acid, benzopyrones, and phenolic glycosides)
- 17a-hydroxy-yohimban-16a-carboxylic acid methylester
While the ingredient list may look a bit more scientific than other weight loss supplements, the ingredients are nearly identical to plenty of other products.
Kanna is a natural herb that works as a sedative and stimulant. We found reference to this plant on several drug information websites, but most people are not willing to admit using the substance. We did not find any information that Kanna is illegal, but we did find a warning that people with psychiatric conditions and those taking medications such as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) should not use Kanna. Phenethylamine is another mood-altering ingredient. Both Kanna and Phenethylamine are known to cause euphoria.
Seville orange and Brazilian cocoa are both stimulants. Seville orange is nothing more than bitter orange and Brazilian cocoa is guarana, which is standardized for caffeine. As a matter of fact, there is 240 mg of caffeine in Renew G but caffeine is not listed on the label, so it comes from these stimulant sources.
The 17a-hydroxy-yohimban-16a-carboxylic acid methylester on the ingredient list is a long name for Yohimbe. Yohimbe is commonly used as a weight loss ingredient and to boost libido. It could be used for either function in this supplement because the manufacturer claims both benefits. There is no solid clinical foundation for either claim, but Yohimbe does have stimulant effects so it may increase metabolism.
- All ingredients for Renew G are listed on the official website.
- Caffeine will boost metabolism.
- There are multiple ingredients that alter mood.
- This supplement should not be taken by dieters with mental issues.
- May cause feelings of euphoria, jitters, shakes and loss of sleep.
- Phenethylamine is not safe for people taking psychiatric medications.
When researching Renew G we found enough evidence that Kanna is a euphoric herb with effects similar to Ecstasy, Cocaine, Marijuana and other illegal street drugs. This herb is combined with Phenethylamine, known to also cause euphoria. We do not feel comfortable suggesting this supplement to any dieter because of the possible ramifications of taking the product. No one taking this substance should operate machinery of any kind while under the influence of the supplement.