What You Should Know
Slimvia proposes an approach that appears on first sight to be realistic and safe. With all the excessive and potentially unhealthy claims for rapid weight loss, it is refreshing to find a program that looks achievable; losing 2 to 5 pounds per week with stimulant-free, all natural ingredients. It claims to accomplish this mostly through appetite suppression.
The official website explains the so-called science behind the product, presents the coaching program, provides testimonials and gives the cost – $59.95 for a 30 day supply with a 30 day money back guarantee.
List of Ingredients
L-Carotene – An amino acid. Plays an important role in metabolizing fat. May also assist the body in releasing stored fat.
Vitamin C – An antioxidant and essential nutrient required for synthesizing body structures.
Vitamin E – An antioxidant.
Vitamin B-1 (Thiamin) – Facilitates converting blood sugar to energy.
Vitamin B-2 (Riboflavin) – Facilitates converting carbohydrates into sugar.
Choline – Helps in metabolism and liver function.
Chromium Picolinate – Plays a role in regulating blood sugar.
Slimvia primary claim is that weight loss is possible using all natural ingredients, with no stimulants and zero side effects. Making the common sense assumption that weight gain is largely attributed to eating too much of the wrong foods, the claim is that the product attacks this problem by suppressing appetite, particularly cravings for sweets and carbohydrates. This should reduce caloric intake to a level below caloric burn rate resulting in weight loss.
The ingredients are said to be a proprietary blend of ingredients to help in reduced food consumption, increased feelings of fullness, increased energy and fewer cravings.
In addition to general appetite suppression, Slimvia is designed to stabilize and maintain blood sugar levels. The claim is that stabilizing blood sugar removes severe cravings for sweets and carbohydrates.
In addition to the diet supplement, there is a coaching plan available.
- Stimulant-free with no significant side effects.
- 90 day money back guarantee according to the official website.
- No filler ingredients.
- Website has before and after pictures with testimonials.
- Includes coaching and support.
- Offers a $110 “Jump Start Program” for those ready to fully commit and a $24.99 “Introductory Trial” for the timid or skeptical.
- The program is one dimensional. Though appetite and craving suppression may contribute to weight loss, depending on it alone for long term results and control is, at best, questionable.
- Though the ingredients are natural and healthy, there are no quantities listed. Considering the variables, such as differences in people’s body types and metabolism, the quantities needed to reduce caloric intake to a level below caloric burn rate is only a vague guess.
- No instruction on the importance of how to eat or prepare healthy meals.
- It does not highlight an exercise program. Though the Slimvia official website speaks of overall lifestyle changes, an exercise program is only a possibility through the coaching program.
- The supplement is filled with healthy vitamins that have absolutely no relationship to weight loss.
The overall effectiveness of Slimvia alone as a weight loss product is highly suspect. However, if you are ready for a lifestyle change and if the coaching and support aspect of the program includes an effective diet and exercise program there could be some positive results.