What You Should Know
Somalyze by Species Nutrition functions as a fat burner and a sleep aid. It is a non-stimulant based formula, which may make it a good option for those who are sensitive to stimulants. We will take a closer look at the product to determine if it is able to meet its claims, and if so, help dieters decide if it is worth the investment.
List Of Ingredients
Though a full nutritional label is not available, the manufacturer’s website lists the following ingredients in the formula: Oleoylethanolamide (OEA), Propionyl L-Carnitine, Gamma Aminobutyric Acid (GABA), melatonin, and Phosphatidylcholine and Phosphatidylethanolamine.
Oleoylethanolamide (OEA) is a naturally occurring chemical within the body that helps to regulate cell metabolism and fat burning. It also tells the brain it is fuller sooner, allowing people to eat less while still feeling satisfied. It may also help lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood. Propionyl L-Carnitine is responsible for the oxidation of fat cells. Gamma Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) is what plays a role in the pituitary gland to regulate hormone production and manage the endocrine system. Melatonin is the hormone that lets your body know whether it is day or night and helps with sleep patterns. Phosphatidylcholine and Phosphatidylethanolamine are thought to reduce levels of the stress hormone in the body.
- This supplement functions as both a fat burner and a sleep aid.
- We are not sure if this is the full ingredient list, or if the company chose the “good” ones to highlight.
- We cannot see how much of each ingredient is in a serving, and therefore cannot tell if it will be an effective dose.
- Returns are only accepted for products purchased directly from the website’s store, and the bottles cannot be opened. This means once you try the supplement, you can’t get your money back. Returns are subject to a 10% restocking fee.
- There are no free trials of this product.
While we like that the product doesn’t contain stimulants, we don’t see anything that really jumps out at us as being able to help with fat burning and weight loss, because the ingredient descriptions were full of technical information most people aren’t able to understand. We feel like this is just a way to make customers get confused and pick up key elements such as “sleep well” and “burn fat/lose weight.” Without the official product label, we are not sure if they are hiding additional ingredients.