What You Should Know
Stimarex is a stimulant based weight loss pill that once contained ephedra. Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals had to change the product formula after ephedra was banned in 2006. The company produces a full line of anabolic, fat loss, and sexual health products. We will take a closer look at this product to determine if there is any value to customers.
List Of Ingredients
Though this is not an official list of ingredients, we know the formula contains: Citrus Aurantium, Acaia leaf extract, theobroma cocoa extract, green tea, naringen, phenylethlamine, 3-dimethyl aminoethanol bitrate, yohimbe, and caffeine.
Looking at the list, we see most of the ingredients are stimulants, designed to raise the body temperature and help burn fat. Citrus aurantium is a natural cousin to ephedra, commonly used in many supplements to replace it. Acaia comes in many varieties so we are not sure what’s in the formula or why. Theobroma cocoa extract contains a certain derivative of caffeine, which is known to produce mild thermogenic effects. Green tea is included in many weight loss ingredients and is thought to help boost the metabolism and burn fat, while providing healthy antioxidants. Naringen is a flavanoid in grapefruit, thought to be the reason the Grapefruit Diet induces weight loss. Phenylethlamine and 3-dimethyl aminoethanol bitrate are included for mood stabilization and elevation. Yohimbe is a libido enhancer and fat burner.
- The combination of caffeine and green tea has been shown to have fat burning properties stronger than the individual ingredients.
- There is very little information available about the product online.
- At the time of this review, the manufacturer’s website contained little information, claiming to be closed for maintenance.
- Stimulants can cause many undesired side effects such as: nervousness, sleepless, irritability, and headaches. Those who are sensitive to stimulants should avoid this product.
- We were unable to locate a full ingredient list for this product, though with what we know, most of the ingredients are stimulant in nature..
- The ingredients are included in a proprietary blend, so we can’t see if there are enough to be effective.
- The company has received negative press from the FTC because of exaggerated claims.
Due to the lack of information available on this product, and the complaints about it, we do not recommend it. Regardless of whether or not the formula was updated to no longer include ephedra, it’s important to look for safe formulas that come with a money back guarantee for your own protection.