Sunfood Diet Success System Review
What You Should Know
The Sunfood Diet is a diet program based on the book The Sunfood Diet Success System written by David Wolfe. He grew up as the child of doctors, and by age 10 decided he would never take prescription or over-the-counter medicine again, because he noticed a pattern in that most people who take medicine never get better because of it. Over the years, he developed a raw vegan diet designed to help you stay strong and prevent you from getting sick. In fact, he would only drink orange juice and rest whenever he got sick, while he watch siblings stay sick for five days or more while taking medicines. Read this review to find out more about the program and how it works so you can decide whether or not to use it to reach your weight loss goals.
List of Ingredients
The Sunfood Diet advocates eating an even amount of leafy greens to increase your strength, plant based fatty foods (such as nuts and seeds) to provide lubrication to the body and keep the skin healthy, and sweet fruits to provide energy to the body and fuel for the brain. There are three different approaches to help people get started with the diet so they can choose which one they want to use. The basic diet allows for people to include more raw foods and juices into their diet, but still enables people to eat whatever they want for two days of the week, so long as a salad is included in every meal. The 80/20 approach means making up 80% of what you eat with the three main raw food suggestions above, and 20% other raw foods that you want to eat. The last option is to eat a 100% raw diet that is vegan. Exercise is also recommended to help the body stay strong and detoxify itself.
- The Sunfood Diet promotes journaling, which has been scientifically shown to improve your chances of success with dieting and weight loss.
- This program gives readers three different options so they can choose the one they are most comfortable with using.
- The Sunfood Diet may be more expensive due to the rising costs of produce.
- A vegan diet may cause vitamin B12 deficiencies due to the lack of meat in the diet.
- Eating a raw diet may make eating out or in social situations difficult.
- Eating a raw diet in the winter may be difficult and many people do not enjoy it.
- When first starting a diet like this, many people will experience bothersome detox symptoms.
The Sunfood Diet is a somewhat strict approach that some people may not agree with because of the lack of B12 and animal based proteins. There are many people who would have trouble dealing with such a highly restrictive diet. No matter what diet you follow, for weight loss to occur you need to eat fewer calories than you burn, so both balanced nutrition and exercise are important.