Swiss Secret To Optimal H Review
What You Should Know
The Swiss Secret to Optimal Health is a book written by Thomas Rau, M.D. Dr. Rau is the Chief Medical Director of the Paracelsus Clinic in Switzerland. This clinic specializes in natural medicine, so he discusses natural health remedies and diet in his book to show you what you can do to lose weight and lead a healthier lifestyle. His main approach is how nutrition and detoxification work together to eliminate disease.
List of Ingredients
The Swiss Secret to Optimal Health says that in addition to weight loss people who follow the diet will also see other health benefits, such as an improved immune system, increased energy levels, total body cleansing, and a rejuvenation of the mind. He also claims that you will see a reduction in symptoms from chronic condition such as diabetes, allergies, and arthritis. To start the diet, you must do an intense week long fast where things such as sugar, caffeine, alcohol, processed foods, and animal proteins are eliminated from your diet. During this week, you will focus on increasing your vegetable intake, while also ingesting small amounts of fruit and whole grains. These foods give you the trace minerals and vitamins your body needs to function while also working to loosen the toxin blockages you need to get out of your body to feel better. At the end of the first week, you start a three week program that allows for animal proteins to be reintroduced as long as you keep plenty of vegetables on your plate for all meals. It is not a strictly vegetarian program.
- The Swiss Secret to Optimal Health encourages an increased amount of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- The book contains over 100 recipes.
- The Swiss Secret to Optimal Health recipes are time consuming to prepare and will often require unusual ingredients that may be hard to obtain.
- Many people who follow the program will experience symptoms related to detox including headache and nausea.
- If you are active, the meals may be too low in calories which causes you to feel hungry and tired between meals.
- This program is difficult to follow while maintaining your daily routines.
The Swiss Secret to Optimal Health will be very hard for a lot of people to follow and stick to for the first week because of its strict food intake rules. This program is most likely to appeal to people who enjoy cooking and do not mind spending the time on food preparation. If you are busy and always on the go, then you will not likely have the time to devote to the meal prep. At any rate, to lose weight, you should exercise while following a balanced diet.