What You Should Know
The 1500-Calorie-a-Day Cookbook by Nancy Hughes, is a cookbook full of recipes to help you stick to a 1500 calorie per day plan. Nancy Hughes has also written the The 1200-Calorie-a-Day Menu and has developed recipes for Weight Watchers, the American Heart Association, and the American Diabetes Association. Just because the recipes in the cookbook are reduced calorie does not mean they skimp on flavor or taste. When you see that these low calorie recipes taste good, you will have an easier time following the meal plan so you can lose weight.
List of Ingredients
Inside the The 1500-Calorie-a-Day Cookbook you will find a variety of recipes that are quick and easy to make, which is a key to succeeding with the program. The main dishes in the book are generally around 350 calories, where snacks and desserts are about 150 calories. To get to 1500 calories a day, you are to eat three meals and two snacks a day. This should be enough to keep you full and satisfied throughout the day, while in your caloric guidelines. As this is a cookbook, there are no exercise recommendations.
- The recipes in the cookbook contain a good variety of meal options that will appeal to most everyone.
- The recipes yield a large enough portion size to make the meals satisfying.
- The recipes take less than half an hour to make, so they are great for those on the go.
- This cook book provides a healthy family friendly approach to weight loss and making better lifestyle changes.
- If you are a physically active dieter, then the 1500 calories per day may not be enough.
- There are not any options for vegetarians or vegans.
- Many of the recipes are for pork.
- This cookbook does not promote the elimination of preservatives and other chemicals.
- Most of the lunch recipes are not designed for portability so you can them with you to school or work.
- As most of the recipes yield four servings, it is important to monitor serving size.
- There is no guide for a daily menu.
- This program will not appeal to dieters who do not enjoy preparing their own meals.
The 1500-Calorie-a-Day Cookbook is a good option for people who want to make their lifestyles healthier without making dramatic changes to their diets. The foods included in the cookbook are familiar for everyone, so no matter what the tastes are, there is something for everyone. If you are a vegetarian or a vegan,, there are no choices for you in this book, so it is not ideal for everyone. By following 1500 calories a day you will lose weight, but you will likely gain weight when you go back to eating a normal amount of calories.