The 80-10-10 Diet Review
What You Should Know
In our modern diet, many people have decreased their consumption of raw fruits and vegetables to almost nil. It is for this reason, many physicians believe that obesity and diseases, such as cancer, have increased. To counter this, many have started going back to Mother Nature in hopes of salvaging what is left. One such person is Dr. Douglas N. Graham. Dr. Graham himself has been a raw food advocate for over 27 years and currently works as an advisor to famous athletes such as Ronnie Grandison. In addition, he has been the owner of a fasting retreat in the Florida Keys for over ten years, which is where he gathered the material for The 80/10/10 Diet.
List of Ingredients
80/10/10 Diet proposes that people have been consuming the wrong foods for far too long. The book claims that the right diet consists of 80% carbohydrates, 10% protein and 10% fat. It also points out that many vegan diets are usually based on starches such as rice and potatoes, which alone are so bland that people eventually add sugar, fats and salt to enhance the flavor. However, it is those three which compromise the health of the eater. As a raw food advocate, Dr. Graham has pioneered The 80/10/10 Diet to encourage people to accept a raw food diet, particularly fruit. These claims of fruit being the ideal food for humans are proven with scientific research. The 80/10/10 Diet also encourages readers to eat meals of large quantities of fruits, for example a whole watermelon for breakfast. Aside from fruits, Graham emphasizes on the need to have a pound of leafy greens daily as well as foods of high fat content, like avocado, every second day. Aside from emphasizing on what to eat and what to avoid, The 80/10/10 Diet provides a system that addresses different things such as the need for exercise, sufficient sleep and emotional balance.
- Dr Graham claims that he spent over five years researching for this book and has over fifteen years of experience in implementing this diet.
- The fruit diet is one of the proven diets, so there is a good chance that readers will benefit from this book.
- The 80/10/10 Diet is reviewed to be comprehensive and straight to the point.
- There are many testimonials of Dr Graham’s own clients, and his claims are supported with scientific research.
- The 80/10/10 Diet offers a very strict diet which is hard to follow with modern lifestyles.
- Supplements will be necessary for this diet as there will be many nutrients missing from it.
- It means a significant change in diet and lifestyle in order to follow completely.
- The range of acceptable foods will be seen as limited by some.
Dr Graham has provided readers with a diet system that is supposed to reduce their weight and detoxify their systems from years of abuse. However, The 80/10/10 Diet does have a number of disadvantages which makes it hard to implement. It is important to take on only what you can handle, as stressing out your body will only cause the opposite effects.