What You Should Know
The Eating Well Diet is actually a series of books by the editors of Eating Well magazine. The books focus on how to make foods that are low in calories, fat, and sodium while being flavorful. The original Eating Well Diet book offers 7 simple steps to creating a healthy lifestyle that encourages weight loss. After that book several others full of recipes followed, including the Eating Well 500 Calorie Cookbook, Eating Well on a Budget, and the Eating Well Dessert Cookbook. Each of the subsequent cookbooks follows the same methods outlined in the original Eating Well Diet.
List of Ingredients
While many people already know that the key to losing weight is to be more active and eat less, the Eating Well Diet offers a reasonable and easy program to get started. The book was developed by the editors of Eating Well magazine, and follows the weight management program designed by the Chair of the Department of Nutrition at the University of Vermont.
The program teaches you how to make healthy choices when shopping, and explains why activity is important. The recipes included in the book don’t taste like the typical diet recipes you may be used to. The book offers recipes for special occasions and for ordinary dinners for the family.
You’ll also find information on the best kinds of foods to eat throughout the day to curb your appetite, promote energy, and enhance concentration and focus. Unlike a lot of other diet related books, the recipes are simple to make, and offer ingredients that are easy to find and affordable.
- The Eating Well Diet places a greater focus on the foods you eat, teaching you how to make healthy choices.
- The recipes are beyond just palatable, and can be used for a family.
- With such a strong emphasis on cooking and eating the link between diet and exercise is a little lost in the pages. You’ll need to find a good workout routine to add along with the recipes to create an overall healthy lifestyle.
- If you want to keep a variety of recipes that you won’t get bored of, you’ll need to purchase additional cookbooks in the Eating Well series. This book offers several, but not enough to keep you going for a prolonged period of time.
- The book does promote tracking, but offers no templates or ideas to get you started. You’ll need to find another way to hold yourself accountable.
The bottom line is this is a great purchase for any dieter. You’ll love the easy to make recipes and the flavor they offer. If you want to lose serious weight though you may be better served by adding something extra to the program. Adding a metabolism boosting supplement along with a good workout routine will help you lose weight more quickly and get you started on the right track.