The Fiber 35 Diet Review
What You Should Know
The Fiber 35 Diet was created by Brenda Watson, a Certified Nutritional Consultant, who claims that by reducing daily calorie intake and increasing the amount of fiber in your diet you can lose significant amounts of weight. Fiber, Watson claims, helps keep blood sugar and hunger cravings in check. The diet was named after Watson’s recommendation of eating 35 grams of fiber each day when the average American consumes less than half of that. The Fiber 35 Diet aims to reduce the amount of sugar and refined, over processed foods in your diet and replace them with high fiber foods such as beans, fruit, whole grains and vegetables. The Fiber 35 Diet is divided into three phases: 1, for dramatic weight reduction; 2, for gradual weight loss; and 3, for maintenance of achieved weight. Most clients beginning the diet start at phase 1 and stay there for about two weeks before moving on to phase 2. Brenda Watson also has a book called The Fiber 35 Diet that explains the diet in more depth and lays out details about each phase. The Fiber 35 Diet also encourages body cleanses and regular exercise to supplement the diet.
The Fiber 35 Diet’s free online membership includes recommendations of daily calorie intake and meal tracking tools. Weekly shopping lists and recipes that match a predesigned eating schedule are also provided. For each phase, the Fiber 35 Diet gives you a recommended number of calories that should be eaten each day and a meal plan that corresponds. After two weeks in phase 1, dieters move on to phase 2 with a lower suggested daily calorie intake and a revised shopping list to match the adjustment.
- The Fiber 35 Diet is based on eating healthy foods so regardless of whether you see the results promised, your body will be healthier
- The diet information and dieting tools provided by the Fiber 35 Diet website are free
- Watson’s website and book offer many tools that will guide dieters in their transition to healthier eating
- The Fiber 35 Diet has been advertised through infomercials which does decrease its credibility
- Some customers have complained that the diet plans proposed mostly rely on shakes and energy bars instead of real, healthy meals
- While the tools on the website are free, Brenda Watson does have an agenda selling her health foods that meet the Fiber 35 Diet guidelines
The Fiber 35 Diet is based on healthy eating and the recommendations on tools on the Fiber 35 Diet website are useful to dieters. This diet is best as a guideline for healthy eating.