The Perfect Health Diet Review
What You Should Know
The Perfect Health Diet: Four Steps to Renewed Health, Youthful Vitality, and Long Life is a book written by husband and wife duo Paul and Shou-Ching Jaminet. Paul is a physicist, software entrepreneur, and entrepreneurial consultant, with a Ph.D. His wife Shou-Ching, also holds a Ph.D, and is a vascular biologist. Together they wrote this book to help people build a healthy diet that will promote weight loss, as it helps to restore health. Read this review to learn more about the book and how it may help you reach your health and wellness goals.
List of Ingredients
The Perfect Health Diet is based on eating 20% of your calories from carbs, 65% of your calories from fat, and 15% of your calories from protein. In terms of weight, it is 65% plants and 35% animal foods. This makes the diet a low carb, but not “low plant” diet, as many low carb diets advise you to avoid all carbs, whether healthy or not. The authors say your macronutrients (proteins, fat, and carbs) and your micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) all have their own benefits and are necessary in your diet. Though they promote a low carb diet, they also acknowledge and place importance on glucose, as the body needs this as a means of fuel. The book outlines a basic program for you to follow.
- The Perfect Health Diet is backed by science.
- Both the authors are highly educated people, holding Ph.Ds.
- The Perfect Health Diet may be hard for those who lead a busy lifestyle to maintain.
- Simply reading a book will not help you reach your goals. You must take what you learn and apply it to your lifestyle for an extended period of time in order to see results.
- This book is met with mixed reviews.
- Some would say this diet is highly restrictive.
- Following this diet may cause you to have to spend more money on ingredients and more time on meal preparation.
- Some readers say the information in the book is highly technical and needs more context to be easily understood.
The Perfect Health Diet certainly seems like it has the potential to improve your health, and as a result produce weight loss, which in itself also improves your health. However, with the restrictions and careful nutrient balance required with this program, and the highly technical information presented, it can be hard for people to follow. To get better results with this program, you should actively participate in a regular exercise routine. To enhance your results even further, you should consider adding a clinically proven safe and effective appetite suppressant or fat burner.