What You Should Know
The Secret to Skinny: How Salt Makes You Fat, and the 4-Week Plan to Drop a Size and Get Healthier with Simple Low-Sodium Swaps is a book written by Lyssie Lakatos and Tammy Lakatos Shames, sisters who both registered dieticians. The book is designed to give you a low sodium meal plan that will help you lose weight and improve your overall health by reducing your risk for various diseases and conditions associated with a high sodium intake.
List of Ingredients
The Secret to Skinny says that salt is the diet saboteur, as it is found in nearly everything we eat, including many of the diet foods we turn to when we want to shed the pounds. Salt will cause you to hold water and bloat, which is counterproductive to weight loss. The book features a four week plan that will help you lose a size or more, just by letting go of the salt. Letting go of the salt does not mean you have to sacrifice the flavor. The book gives you plenty of “salternatives” that will help you cut the salt out of your diet while still eating foods that taste great. In addition to these alternatives, you’ll get the four week plan, a two week meal plan, and tips and tricks to help fool your taste buds so you will not crave salt as much. You will also get a 10 day plan to help jump start your weight loss so you can get rid of those pounds even faster. You will also get information to help you cure the salt bloat hangover.
- The Secret to Skinny gives you the information you need to start losing weight.
- There are several different positive reviews for this book.
- The Secret to Skinny is just a book. You will have to take what you learn and use it in your daily life consistently for a long period of time to see real results.
- A 14 day meal plan is not long enough to really help people start seeing weight loss results.
- Sticking to a low salt diet could be difficult because salt is in nearly everything we eat.
- There is no free trial for this product.
- There may or may not be a money back guarantee for this product.
The Secret to Skinnyis a good start for people who are worried about their sodium intake, and want to lose weight too. It will take reading the book, applying what you learn, and learning new meals outside of the 14 day plan if you want to stick with it for a long period of time. You will also need to exercise on a regular basis, using a combination of strength training and cardiovascular workouts to see real results.