What You Should Know
The patches offered by Health Marvels employ the holistic healing system of Reflexology. By using compression and touch, the Health Marvels patches stimulate reflex points in the feet to promote equilibrium. The heat from the patches helps absorb perspiration. This method claims to cleanse the waste and toxins expelled by the body. The theory concludes most nerves in the body end in the feet, making the bottom of the feet a dumping ground for toxins and impurities.
Tourmaline, known as The Electric Stone, is a naturally occurring mineral used in many of the patches produced by Health Marvel. The mysterious dynamic properties of Tourmaline have been a source of study for years. Tourmaline generates a weak electric current that produces far infrared rays. This process converts moisture in the air to negative ions. These ions, said to draw out the bodies impurities, are hot subjects in many health products.
List of Ingredients
Wood Vinegar, Bamboo Vinegar, Sporopollenin, Chitosan, Loquat Leaf, Dokudami: Houttuynia Cordata, Vitamin C, Tourmaline, Vegetable fiber, Dextrin, Agaricus, Chitin, Red pepper, Amethyst, Grapefruit, Milk Thistle, Green Tea, Dandelion, Blackhaw, Fennel, Licorice, Aloe Vera
The tourmaline patches are color coded based on the active ingredient. There are approximately fifteen patches available with a variety of claimed effects. Each package contains adhesive backing sheets and a separate pad. Tourmaline purports to relieve stress, increase metal alertness, improve circulation and strengthen the immune system. Additionally, use of the pads promises to help with fatigue, joint pain, headaches and skin rashes.
- The products are approved by the Japanese Ministry of Health.
- According to the Health Marvels website, The Detox Pad Patch has achieved the position of ‘Number One Seller’ fourteen times in Japan since 1990.
- The electromagnetic properties of tourmaline are proven. There is research to suggest negative ion release enhances people moods.
- There are a number of testimonials offered on the website regarding the benefits of patch use.
- Products offering tourmaline have no scientific backing. There is a lot of medical jargon that when dissected is meaningless.
- The FDA has not approved this product.
- There is limited information available on the products produced by Health Marvels. The patches offer little is the way of third party endorsements.
While there is a lot of hype about products containing tourmaline, at this point that is all that exists. There does not seem to be any substantial medical studies involving the effects of this mineral for the human body. Tourmaline, as with most products used in holistic healing, simply does not have academic support to prove its worth. The Health Marvels patches have yet to gain FDA endorsement. The company offers little in the way of scientific testing for any of the ingredients included in the patches. Until proven medical studies can accept or refute claims, no one will know if tourmaline or the Health Marvels patches have the ability to eliminate waste and toxins from the human body.