Tru Hoodia Complex Review
What You Should Know
TRU Hoodia Complex is an herbal dietary supplements that contains a combination of herbs and nutrients expected to help the consumer lose weight. Its most important ingredient is Hoodia gordonii. It works mainly as an appetite suppressant.
TRU Hoodia Complex is manufactured and marketed by NOW Foods, which manufactures vitamins, minerals, dietary supplements, and natural foods. The company was founded by Paul Richard in 1948. Its stated goal is to empower people to live healthier lives by providing them health products and services.
List of Ingredients
TRU Hoodia Complex contains Niacin (as Nicotinic Acid), Chromium (ChromeMate) (from Chromium Polynicotinate), Hoodia (Hoodia gordonii) (Aerial Parts), Cocoa extract (Theobroma cacao) (Seed), Green Tea Extract (Camellia sinensis) (Leaf), Cellulose (capsule), Magnesium Stearate (vegetable source), and Silica.
TRU Hoodia Complex should be taken as an herbal dietary supplement. The user takes 1 or 2 capsules before each meal. Some consumers find that taking the pills about 20 minutes or so before the meal makes them more effective than taking them immediately before eating.
Hoodia gordonii is an extract from a cactus found in South Africa. It works mainly as an appetite suppressant and was used by Kalahari bushmen on hunting trips. While it was touted a few years ago as a “miracle plant,” it is not as strongly effective as a lot of other appetite suppressants. Appetite suppressants trick your brain into believing you are full, so that the brain will trigger the release of chemicals that stop feelings of hunger.
- Thermogenic formulation, but it uses caffeine to support this.
- Vegetarian formula.
- Decent price: a bottle of 60 capsules can be purchased online for about $11 on sale.
- Has unrealistic weight loss claims.
- Has a lack of before/after photos.
- Has no money-back guarantee.
- Has no free gift with purchase.
- Contains diuretics (caffeine).
- Has filler ingredients that may not work.
- Does not highlight the importance of healthy diet and regular exercise.
- Not evaluated by the FDA.
- Cannot be shipped outside the U.S., because the hoodia it contains is governed by exporting laws covered by CITES, the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora.
While user reviews are generally positive, TRU Hoodia Complex does not stand out above other hoodia products. Hoodia as an appetite suppressant is generally known to be somewhat effective, but there are other stronger products available on the market. Also, this product has not been scientifically tested for effectiveness or FDA approved. Not much specific information on this product is available. The company does not give a detailed explanation of why the ingredients contained in the product are supposed to be effective, or why they were chosen in their particular quantities and mixture. There are better, more researched thermogenic products available.