What You Should Know
Vanicream is a product advertised to have multiple purposes, but mainly is used for moisturizing the skin. We have seen this product on sale for various prices. A small jar of lotion cost $12 on one Amazon site. The product works by increasing the skin’s elasticity and thereby making the aging skin less obvious. It’s important to always get a look at the ingredients of a product before buying, though, so we are going to take a closer look at this product to see whether it is possible for it to have beneficial effect. Although Vanicream is a trusted brand name that creates many fine products, there are so many competitors that it can be hard to decide which is the better option for antiaging and skin care.
It was a relief to find out that the official Vanicream website has a full ingredient list for the lotion. Vanicream includes the following ingredients, Purified Water, White Petrolatum, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Sorbitol Solution, Propylene Glycol, Simethicone, Glyceryl Monostearte, Polyethylene Glycol Monostearate, Sorbic Acid and BHT. As can be seen from this listing, we could find no really proven effective antiaging ingredients. The important thing is to always have some part of the formula composed of proven ingredients such as Argireline or hyaluronic acid. These have been proven effective in moisturizing the skin and keeping it healthy.
Also, the product website really does not seem to have much in the way of testimonials, nor do there seem to be any good refund policies. Both of these are very important when choosing skin care products so you can determine which is right for you. The best thing is to find a skin care product that will promote long term health. It’s unclear whether Vanicare’s product will do this, based on the ingredients.
- Vanicream’s website is very professional looking, with an easy to use ordering form.
- This makes it easy to get these products, as well as having them sold on other sites and in retail stores.
- It may be able to reduce some wrinkles, if not all.
- It is unsure whether the effects will last.
- According to the above ingredients list, we could find no mention of any proven antiaging ingredients like hyaluronic acid or Matrixyl 3000.
- These are important in any skin care product, especially for long term antiaging benefits.
- There are not any free trial packages offered, making it hard for customers to gauge what the cream can do before buying it.
- There are no user testimonials, so we have no idea as to past experience.
The Bottom Line
The Vanicream product could have some potential, but due to the lack of advanced ingredients, little evidence of online testimonials and other factors, we are not really sure how well this product would be as a long term skin care product. If there were more proven ingredients or something, it might be more effective, but we cannot be sure with what we know at the time.