What You Should Know
Veganist: Lose weight, Get Healthy, and Change the World is a book written by Kathy Freston. She has written a few other books, including: Quantum Wellness, and The One. In this book, she discusses various reasons why people should start to “lean” toward a vegan lifestyle. She uses the term “lean” because she does not believe people should jump right in, but instead, they should take a gradual approach to making the switch. Read this review to find out more about the book and whether or not it would be worth the investment for you.
List of Ingredients
Veganist: Lose Weight, Get Healthy, and Change the World presents several arguments and interviews with professionals and industry experts. Freston did not start living a vegan lifestyle until her 30′s, and before that time indulged in many things such as BBQ ribs and milkshakes. It is because of her experience in an non-vegan diet that she knows about the habits and other things people need to break before they can start living the way vegetarians and vegans have to, because of the restrictions. One of her biggest arguments in favor of a vegan lifestyle is you can make ten times more of an impact by no longer eating meat than you can by starting to drive a hybrid car. The reason for this is takes much less energy to produce a calorie of produce than a calorie of animal protein. The interviews discuss the various health benefits to removing animal based proteins from the diet. The book features recipes and meal plans for three weeks, as well as a grocery list.
- Veganist: Lose Weight, Get Healthy, and Change the World is available from a variety of merchants.
- This book has several reasons to help people to learn about becoming either vegetarian or vegan.
- Veganist: Lose Weight, Get Healthy, and Change the World could overwhelm some people because the restrictions of a diet like this are immense.
- Veganism typically requires you to spend more money on your food.
- Veganism typically requires you to spend more time preparing meals from scratch because convenience meals are not always readily available, depending on where you live.
- The book features interviews from professionals, though Dr. Ornish has been met with some controversy.
Veganist: Lose Weight, Get Healthy, and Change the World could be a good choice for people who are considering the idea and want to learn more about the benefits to your health as well as the environment. However, with the heavy restrictions of a vegan diet, it is not something a lot of people can stick to over the long term and that’s why it is suggested to ease yourself into it.