What You Should Know
Many people are looking for assistance in losing weight. Often, this means selecting from the variety of weight-loss products out there that specifically claim to facilitate weight loss, or that note that they will assist weight loss when combined with healthy eating and exercise. Vital-18 is a product that has been on the market for almost 25 years. It is a Spirulina-based product that is designed to help with weight management by helping to provide a variety of different essential amino acids that provide nutrition and minimize the appetite. Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae that has been heralded as a type of wonder-food in recent years, and is said to boast a high concentration of the essential amino acids and nutrients associated with weight loss.
List Of Ingredients
Vital-18 includes Spirulina, Ginseng, Amino Acids, Protein, and nutrients.
Vital-18 can be ordered directly from the company website for $100 for six bottles; bottles can also be purchased individually for $16.95. Samples are also able to be purchased from the company website. The product is provided in liquid form, and is designed to be taken orally as a meal replacement or a meal supplement. The product is available in three different flavors: berry, butternut, and chocolate. It may assist with weight loss when used as a meal replacement, or when paired with healthy exercise and diet, and may be of some use as an appetite suppressant. The company website notes that Vital-18 may help regulate the metabolism, and claims that it has been prescribed by doctors for weight loss in obese patients.
- A good deal of information about the product is available online
- A free sample can be ordered from the company website
- Customers who are unhappy with the product can return the product for a refund
- The product appears to be all natural, and contains ingredients with documented health benefits
- No clinical trials have been undertaken into the efficacy of Spirulina
- The company website notes that the product itself will not facilitate weight loss, but rather should be paired with a balanced diet and exercise
- Diet plans using the product describe unhealthy methods where Vital-18 is used to replace all but one meal, which is potentially unhealthy and dangerous
- Given the price of the product, users may wish to try to obtain spirulina, the main active ingredient, separately at a lower cost
While the health benefits of Spirulina seem to abound, there is little supporting evidence that taking a Spirulina supplement will result in any significant weight loss on its own. The Vital-18 website notes that the product may only assist with weight loss when paired with a healthy diet and regular exercise, even though it provides a meal replacement plan where the product is used to take the place of all but one meal in a day. Users may wish to consult with their doctor before beginning to supplement with Spirulina. They should consult with their doctor before undertaking a meal replacement diet, which may result in a nutritional imbalance over time.