VSL # 3 Review
What You Should Know
VSL #3 is a weight loss medication that is typically prescribed in the treatment of colitis, but in recent years it has also been prescribed for weight loss. It is supposed to colonize the digestive tract as well as inhibit the breakdown of fat by attaching to lipases. These lipases are then said to eliminate fat through bowel movements so that it is not stored in the body. It is stated that men and women may benefit from this drug.
There is no official website for VSL #3. There are no user testimonials posted to prove its effectiveness in promoting weight loss. Those wishing to try VSL #3 will need to visit a physician because it is available by prescription only.
List of Ingredients
225 Billion Lactic Acid Bacteria, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Stearic Acid and Silicon Dioxide.
VSL #3 is meant to be mixed with non-carbonated drinks, ice cream, yogurt, applesauce and other similar food and drinks. This medication is meant to treat ulcerative colitis and there does not seem to be any research cited to prove its effectiveness in promoting weight loss. It is proven to treat ulcerative colitis, colitis and Crohn’s disease and there plenty of clinical studies have been performed to prove this.
- VSL #3 has been shown to treat ulcerative colitis.
- Clinical studies have been done to prove its ability to treat ulcerative colitis.
- VSL#3 was not designed for and is not specifically intended for weight loss.
- This product is extremely expensive.
- There is no official website for VSL #3
- Those taking MAOI’s, SSRI’s, antidepressants, NSAIDS, corticosteroids or certain other medications may not be able to take product.
- Those who have diabetes, hypoglycemia, high blood pressure, cardiovascular ailments or certain other medical conditions may not be able to take VSL#3.
- Women who are pregnant or nursing may not be able to take this product.
- VSL #3 does not contain any proven fat burners or appetite suppressants.
VSL #3does not really stand out from the rest of the prescription drugs turned weight loss supplements available today. VSL #3 may not be an effective weight loss supplement because there does not seem to be any proven appetite suppressants or fat burners in it so those seeking a weight loss supplement with the ability to suppress the appetite and burn fat may want to research other products that are intended for appetite suppression and fat burning. Those seeking weight loss may also benefit from developing a healthy diet and exercise program that suits them and their lifestyle. Users will need to assess their health and fitness goals and decide if using VSL #3 is right for them.