What You Should Know
Slim and Scrumptious is a healthy eating cookbook. Written by Joy Bauer of The TODAY Show fame, this book contains 75 recipes that are accompanied with photographs of 32 completed dishes. This cookbook is straightforward with ingredients and the step-by-step directions to complete the meals. If you are looking for a way to change up your healthy menu read this review to see if this book is right for you.
List of Ingredients
Slim and Scrumptious follows the ideas that healthy food can be made at home and made at a reasonable price. Joy Bauer, nutritionist for The TODAY Show, has created a series of recipes that the average person can follow and afford. These include chocolate pancakes with strawberry sauce for breakfast, Beef Tenderloin with Fig Reduction for dinner, or cinnamon cheesecake fondue for dessert. At the time of this review, Slim and Scrumptious is available on Amazon. The regular list price is $24.99, but as I write this the book is available for $16.49 and qualifies for the super saver free shipping. More details are available by taking a virtual peek inside the book.
- Slim and Scrumptious includes tips to help balance healthy eating without breaking the budget.
- Slim and Scrumptious has recipes that are easy to follow .
- Slim and Scrumptious recipes may not work for families with extremely picky eaters.
- Creating some of these recipes may be difficult if you are on a truly tight budget.
- This is a cookbook so it does not address exercise, which is a major part of weight loss.
- These recipes will need to be part of a balanced diet if you expect to see real results.
Slim and Scrumptious is a cookbook that helps you create healthy and unique meals out of ordinary family favorites like meatloaf and tacos. This is perfect if you are in need of getting your family to eat healthier without making a complete switch to raw foods or some other extreme measure. Slim and Scrumptious is the answer to being able to eat restaurant quality foods without paying the huge bill at the end of the meal. If you have picky eaters at your house perhaps you could ease them into these healthy recipes. Try one per day or even one per week along with the average meals so as to not shock the picky eaters too bad. They may just surprise you and like the healthy food.