What You Should Know
Your Natural Diet, Alive Raw Foods is a book written by Dr. T.C. Fry and Dr. David Klein. Their book details their mostly raw foods diet, known as Your Natural Diet. If you have been looking for a healthy and natural diet to use to help you reach your weight loss goals, this one may be the answer, but before you rush out to get the book, read this review to see what we think.
List of Ingredients
Your Natural Diet, Alive Raw Foods promotes eating a diet comprised mostly (70 to 80%) raw fresh produce, but also allows for nuts, seeds, and other sprouts. The idea behind this way of eating is that our ancestors ate this way for thousands of years, and to relieve our obesity epidemic and health crisis, we need to eat this way, too. By eating this way, the diet creators claim that you can avoid all modern disease, including cancer, diabetes, and heart disease. However, without modern medicine to go back and say whether or not these conditions could have been the cause of our ancestors death, we don’t really know for sure whether or not these conditions would disappear by eating a natural diet. The book features a variety of simple raw food recipes, and categorizes food in four groups based on how good the raw food will taste, how toxic the raw food may be, how much nutrition the food will give you, and how easily the raw food will be digested. The book also features a meal plan to help you get started.
- Your Natural Diet, Alive Raw Foods promotes a diet rich in raw foods that are highly nutritious.
- The diet plan was written by two medical doctors.
- Your Natural Diet, Alive Raw Foods could be very expensive to follow.
- This could be a time consuming way to address your diet.
- Changing your lifestyle could lead to withdrawal symptoms such as headaches and irritability.
- This can be difficult to follow when dining out or in other social situations.
- The high amount of fruit could hurt you due to the sugar content, if you are not active enough.
Your Natural Diet, Alive Raw Foods is a good approach for those who are looking to go to a raw food diet. A raw food diet can be hard to follow 100% of the time, though, due to the highly restrictive nature of what is allowed on the diet. It does not address exercise, which is also important to weight loss, and overall health. If you are doing a lot of exercise, you will need to boost your caloric intake to maintain your weight.