What You Should Know
Zumba isn’t a diet pill, it is a diet dance. Celebrity trainer “Beto” Perez stumbled upon this Latin inspired fitness regimem in the 90′s in his native Colombia. He has since brought it into the United States, joined with entrepreneurs Alberto Aghion and Alberto Perlman and created an empire! In 2007 Zumba became international and in 2008 they released their third DVD collection. With this third collection, they have included Zumba Toning Sticks and Zumba LIVE! Zumba Fitness, LLC. is based in Hollywood, Florida and their website allows you to email them, while it also provides a contact number and mailing address. The site also offers a “sign up” to become a Zumba Instructor!
Fast beats, slow rhythms and resistance training, with a little Latino flavor are used to “spice up” your workout when you use Zumba!< ?p>
Zumba claims to be an effective aerobic workout that is fun and works. The website provides customer support and FAQ’s (frequently asked questions), the chance to buy the DVD sets and accessories, and search pages aimed at helping you find an instructor or classes available in your surrounding area. In lieu of user testimonials, they provide 3 pages of clickable links to news publications about Zumba. Nearly ONE entire page is articles published in 2008 alone. For those who do plan to become an instructor, the website helps to provide the tools and resources needed to teach Zumba, and has options available to keep their instructor status current through workshops.
- You can look the part in Zumba’s full line of clothing.
- They offer a 30 day FREE in- home trial.(less S & H)
- As with any exercise regimen, willpower and commitment are inherently necessary to achieve the full potential of the product, but, unfortunately are not part of the package deal.
- There are only 3 music C.D.’s available (along with scores of whats look like temporary tattoos) on the website. You have to navigate to an entirely different website in order to actually purchase the 3 DVD set they are so proud of.
- Once you do get to the right place, you find out the price of the set is $60 plus S & H.
- Not everyone may be physically up to the Zumba program.
Zumba seems like a fun exercise system purchase, but if most people are like us, they will be spending an exorbitant amount of cash on an item they may seldom- or never- actually use. We all know that a well balanced diet of healthy foods and an exercise regimen are needed for achieving and maintaining a healthy weight- but I for one would rather turn on (and UP) the radio and dance myself silly for free! Zumba is likely best suited for those who are already comfortable with fitness routines and with dance, since it could offer a pleasant change and you already know that you can keep up a dance fitness routine.