Will the 7-Day Detox Cleanse help you lose weight? We wanted to give you the facts, so we focused on the ingredients, side effects and clinical research. Furthermore, we examined hundreds of user comments and reviews. Then, we summarized and condensed to give you the info you need.
What is 7-Day Detox?
‘Detoxing’ the body involves removing the harmful toxins which can cause problems to the body’s internal systems. Through this process, our body eliminates and gets rid of the unwanted materials inside and improve the functioning of the organs, leaving us feeling fresh and revitalized. We are always aware of how clean and hygienic we are, but internal cleansing is equally essential.
A crucial thing that most people forget is that if someone is unhealthy from the inside, that will show on the outside and no amount of external care and cleaning will get good enough results. Detoxification is that process which helps in flushing out all the harmful toxins inside that have been secretly making our skin dull, hair rough, making it difficult to lose weight and giving us rare illnesses.
But the most challenging part of detoxification is how to know whether we are doing it right or not. There are no yardsticks to match; neither can we have any physical proof in this case, like we can in the case of external cleaning. So, it is essential to follow the right detox regime to get the expected results out of the procedure.
7-Day Detox involves following a strict diet and exercise plan to resulting in natural weight loss, a feeling of general well being and healthiness, and getting rid of other health problems. It utilizes a well-balanced diet, recommended exercises and natural supplements – together creating a great state of mind and body which induces healthier living.   
Products Similar to 7-Day Detox
|7 Day Weight Loss Pill||read|
|Burn HD (Sample offer)||read|
How Did 7-Day Detox Start?
Detoxification is a base component of Ayurvedic methods of healing. Traditional Chinese Medicine also used detoxing techniques like acupuncture and acupressure to remove toxins from the body. An ancient form of Indian meditation like Yoga and Pranayama are done keeping in mind detoxification of the body, as well as, peace of mind. A good body massage is also done for the same purpose, as the right amount of pressure in the right places initiates a healthier blood circulation, which in turn helps clear out the harmful toxins through excretory system. All these are age-old natural systems of detoxing the body.
The goal of detoxification has always been to remove the toxic substances in the body while feeding it with proper supplements and exercise. In this way, the harmful toxins are replaced with better and healthier diet and exercise cyclically, without the use of any external chemical substances.
The 7-Day Detox cleanse plan was developed with the premise of detoxing practices of purification and cleansing in mind. With supplements hitting the shelves in 2011, it is one of the best detox plans around, supposedly producing results in the short span of a week.
7-Day Detox Claim
The 7-Day Detox diet plan claims to clear the body of toxins by giving you a better and healthier bowel system which maintains gastric fluids and flushes out the colon. As a result, the user is gifted with naturally radiant and glowing skin and stronger, shinier hair. The 7-Day Detox plan also boosts cognitive function and aids in weight loss, with a visible reduction and change of shape in a bloated body. 
7-Day Detox Ingredients
Here are a few 7-Day Detox recipe ingredients that are used in the 7-Day Detox diet plan. These components are part of the daily 7-Day Detox diet plan. Green vegetables and lentil seeds work wonders when you want your body to feel healthy, so do citric fruits and fruit juices. The citrus acid in the fruits of oranges and lemons works the best as cleansers of bowel and gastric system. 7-Day Detox drinks like fresh fruit juices and smoothies are also popular. 
- Fruit: (apples, bananas, pears, oranges, grapefruit, raisins, pineapple, mango, kiwi fruit, strawberries, raspberries, melons, etc.)
- Vegetables: (carrots, onions, turnip, sprouts, cabbage, peppers, mushrooms, sweetcorn, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, salad, tomatoes, cucumber, etc.)
- Fruit juice (orange juice, mosambi or sweet lemon juice, watermelon juice)
- Oats and porridge
- Brown rice
- Natural yogurt (Avoid artificial sweeteners or any other condiment to treat the yogurt – have it in its natural taste for the acid to work the best)
- Smoothies (Berry smoothie, green smoothie, protein smoothie)
Foods to avoid
- Red meat, chicken, eggs, turkey and any meat products like sausages
- Dairy products like milk, cheese, cream which tend to have a lot of fat
- Butter and jams
- Any food that contains wheat including bread, croissants, cereals, cakes, biscuits, pies, pastries – they are powerhouses of carbs which need to be cut to lose weight
- Crisps and savory snacks
- Chocolate, sweets, and sugar
- Processed foods
- Fast foods
- Alcoholic beverages
- Coffee and tea
- Sauces, pickles, shop bought salad dressing, mayonnaise
- Fizzy aerated drinks
Does 7-Day Detox Work?
The skepticism surrounding the 7-Day Detox diet plan is immense, as is in most cases. The regimen of the 7-Day Detox diet plan relies solely on fruit and vegetable and claims to be effective in detoxifying the body. Many people refuse to believe that losing weight and gaining a healthier, detoxified body in this manner is possible because of the lack of immediate physical proof.
However, most users of the 7-Day Detox body cleanse plan had positive reviews, with one customer, Marion, even saying: “I’m currently doing this detox for the second time. First time trying, worked wonders. I did the seven day Lemon Detox as per instructed and managed to lose just over 6kgs by day 7.”
7-Day Detox Benefits and Results
The 7-Day Detox cleansing plan is an excellent way to jump-start your weight loss, get better rest, and clear your pores, improve your skin and hair quality and have an overall healthy, glowing feeling. Here are some of the benefits of following the seven-day plan menu:
- Weight loss: The diet plan will cut down your carbohydrate and fat intake and replace that with vitamins, minerals and water content in the form of fresh vegetables, fruits, yogurt and other such items. This automatically will lead to control on fat depositing substances and concentrate on detoxifying ones.
- Clears pores: The detox plan cleans the body from the inside, part of which would otherwise block the skin pores and cause a variety of problems, starting from dull skin to pimples, acne, blackheads to skin infections.
- Increases energy: Fewer toxins mean an increased feeling of a refreshing and healthy attitude, which in turn causes more tenacity and strength in everyday activities. The detox plan revitalizes the body and keeps it charged.
- Improves immunity: By cleaning out the internal body organs, detoxifying ensures the body has heightened strength and resistance to fight against diseases.
- Gives the body essential micronutrients: Our body needs an innumerable number of nutrients to work every day, and in many cases, we neglect the importance of the smaller ones. But they are equally required to maintain a right balance of diet, and this plan makes sure the body gets the micronutrients in proper amounts.
- Boosts overall health: Detoxing programs don’t just work on one organ or one part of the body – they have an all-invasive effect on the entire body, thus boosting the overall health and body aesthetics.
Using other forms of the diet such as products like 7-Day Detox pills or 7-Day Detox tea also produces results, with multiple claims of having lost weight over the course of the 7-Day Natural Detox. Most dieters lose several pounds during a 7-Day Detox Cleanse. This weight loss occurs because of calorie intake restriction, consumption of natural and organic substances which help fix the harmful effects of the toxins and frequent bowel movements that flush out the poisons and clear the digestive system of excess waste. 
Details on 7-Day Detox and Weight Loss
Because calorie intakes are usually deficient, at least some loss in body weight is almost guaranteed using the 7-Day Detox weight loss plan. However, Dr. Brianna Goldberg, a dietary consultant with the California Medical Association, says that this is not a long-term diet program and should only be used for seven days three to four times in a year.
Our body still needs the nutrients like carbohydrates and fats in appropriate amounts. Cutting out major groups of foods such as dairy products, meat, and wheat-based foods entirely out of your diet means the body will be lacking in those nutritional values and that is not healthy for the body at all. While replacing them with extra raw fruits and vegetables primarily reduces the number of calories ingested, this hard-core diet plan should be followed in the prescribed period with proper guidance only. Complimenting them with physical and meditational exercises will get much better results than merely following the detoxifying diet plan.
How to Use (Take) 7-Day Detox
The 7-Day Detox weight loss plan will work best when followed correctly. Every day, at least one detox smoothie, a salad, and vegetable stew must be ingested. The following are tips on how to efficiently carry out the 7-Day Detox plan: 
- Make sure you drink warm water in the morning. Add freshly squeezed lemon juice to it to ensure your body gets Vitamin C.
- Along with the consumption of fresh fruit juices, make sure you also drink at least eight glasses of water throughout the day.
- Consume foods that are rich in fiber. Besides that, make sure you consume three servings of fresh fruits and green leafy veggies, preferably organic.
- Make sure you get about 8 hours of sleep every night.
- Daily exercise is a must and can be in the form of jogging, brisk walking, or swimming.
Some 7-Day Detox Meals
We’d recommend you start the 7-Day Detox diet on a Monday to complete the entire cleanse plan by Sunday. The menu works well because of the restricted food items allowed for consumption like raw fruits and vegetables. These can be used to make 7-Day Detox drinks or even teas.
A typical day’s breakfast should start off with drinking a special 7-Day Detox drink or smoothie which can be made by combining the fruits or vegetables, usually with added greens. Lunch can consist of a detox salad, which is mainly leafy green vegetables mixed with raw vegetables and fruits like avocado, strawberries, and olives. Dinner maybe is either of the two. Meal contents are interchangeable, but make sure never to binge.
And don’t worry, there are plenty of 7-Day Detox recipes to choose from.
7-Day Detox Diet Plan
- Day 1 involves eating only fruits and fruit smoothies.
- Day 2 consists of having just vegetables, cooked or raw. There is no limit to the vegetables you can have, but try to stick to high-fiber food items.
- Day 3 allows you to have a mixture of fruits and vegetables, with the exclusion of potatoes.
- Day 4 involves eating up to eight bananas and three glasses of almond milk. You are allowed to have vegetable soup or a detox smoothie if you like.
- Day 5 will enable you to have sprouts, tomatoes, and other vegetables, though you need to increase your intake of water to detoxify the internal system of the body.
- Day 6 also includes an abundance of sprouts, vegetables, and water. Other recipes can also be used.
- Day 7 ends with having fruit juices, vegetables, and brown rice. Ideally, on day 7, the vegetables should be taken in a salad form.
Potential 7-Day Detox Side Effects
Diets like the 7-Day body detox often lead to a cycle of yo-yo dieting which can eventually ruin a person’s metabolism. Moreover, the body may sometimes react strangely to the removal of all the toxins.  
Some side effects include:
- Skin imbalances
- Digestive issues
- Weight loss and gain
The diet is strictly vegetarian, so a non-vegetarian user may find it hard to adapt to this eating style. Moreover, a pregnant or diabetic user cannot follow this diet.
7-Day Detox Scientific Research
Scientists recently conducted a study to prove that dieting is a waste of time and energy. Lead scientist Dr. Traci Mann stated, “You can initially lose 5 to 10 percent of your weight on any number of diets, but then the weight comes back. We found that the majority of people regained all the weight, plus more.” The group of scientists proceeded to describe their analysis of every study they could find that followed people on diets for 2 to 5 years. They discovered that it would have been better for most of them if they had not gone on a diet at all.
Their findings show that people on diets typically lose 5 to 10 percent of their weight in the first six months, but gain what they lose within 4-5 years.
7-Day Detox Product Warnings
7-Day Detox pills are dietary supplements created with the intention of helping people detoxify their bodies. These tablets contain ingredients like Chromium Polynicotinate and even Anhydrous caffeine. There is no telling which ingredient one is allergic to, so users should exercise a degree of caution while using these products.
Any 7-Day Detox Lawsuits?
There have been no direct lawsuits against the 7-Day Detox diet plan and the side products that promote the 7-Day Detox body cleanse program, but lawsuits have been filed against fitness guru Jillian Micheals for her endorsement of similar dietary products that allegedly contain harmful ingredients. The “Triple Process Total Body Detox & Cleanse” product supposedly does not perform any of the actions it claims to and includes several dangerous components.
7-Day Detox Alternatives
Alternatives to the 7-Day Detox cleanser include the 3-day plan, the 5-day plan, and the 10-day plan. Additional supplements such as 7-Day Detox pills – a few other diet pills contain Phenocal, Adiphene, Lipozene, and PhenQ – can also be taken, which such products available for reasonable prices on Amazon.
While the reviews might be mixed overall, it is helpful to eat healthily and exercise regularly to keep your body healthy.
All in all, it’s a good idea to follow a diet that emphasizes the use and ingestion of natural ingredients and daily exercise. Scientists support the statement that “Exercise may well be the key factor leading to sustained weight loss. Studies consistently find that people who reported the most exercise also had the most weight loss.” Although the claims made by the 7-Day Detox meal plan also are quite tempting, the lack of research supporting the allegations are worrisome and discourage users from taking up the diet. However, the 7-Day Natural Detox has the right idea and users are always free to try it.
What Users Are Saying
“”12 days without smoking and took all the pills and passed the test!! I didn’t follow with the recommended water or diet intake but I feel if I would have I could have passed in 7 days but the package gives you 10 days worth of pills so I took them until it was empty.””
“”Light, casual smoker didn’t pass the test even after following directions METICULOUSLY. Maybe a metabolism thing, who knows? Was ready to start, then denied the job because of the results. Give yourself more time to detox if possible.””
Also: read our Burn HD Weight-Loss Kit review »
“”It doesn’t work. I read the reviews and I still bought the product. I had a small glimmer of hope that this would work, so I had to try for myself. It does not work. Give yourself enough time to detox naturally.””
The Bottom Line – Does 7-Day Detox Work?
Well, is it time to clear the shelves because the 7-Day Detox plan works? Well, we like that it’s affordable and that it contains a few natural ingredients. We’re concerned about the lack of research supporting the claims and discouraging user reviews about no results and negative side effects.
Dieters want to slim down, so we suggest going with a supplement not connected to harmful side effects, but containing ingredients backed by science.
Among the best products we’ve seen this year is one called Dietspotlight Burn. This supplement offers four clinically-tested ingredients, which have been shown to help promote fat loss and accelerate metabolism. There’s no talk of harmful side effects and customer feedback relates to users seeing great results.
Plus, we find it a good sign that the makers of Dietspotlight Burn are confident enough in their supplement, that they’re offering customers a Special Trial Offer.Learn More About Burn HD »