You’re about to learn everything you need to know about Abtronic. We took some time to create a comprehensive review, examining the side effects, ingredients, clinical studies and level of customer care. Furthermore, we read through hundreds of dieter responses from around the web. At this point we condensed all of the data we discovered in order to give you the info you need.
What is Abtronic?
First off, Abtronic is a fitness system that uses EMS or Electro Muscle Stimulation. The purpose of this product is to burn off fat, tighten abdominals and exercise muscles while you relax or do other things. It is a belt, which can be strapped onto different parts of the body. This device has 10 different levels of intensity and six different exercise programs to select from. You just strap it on for 10 minutes at a time. An application gel is provided and should be applied to the skin beforehand.
We are unsure when the Abtronic was initially released, but it has been around since at least 2001. This device is fine for men and women alike and it can be used anywhere, but read on…
Product Quality – “Not the Best?”
The first thing that caught our eye was that some users found the product to be made of poor materials. According to our Research Editor, “There are a lot of customer complaints about the overall quality of the Abtronic device. Many people say this abdominal system stops working quickly or simply breaks.”
One customer stated, “I am disappointed, I could only use ABTRONIC for a week. Then, it stop working.”
“I haven’t had it for a month and it’s already broken,” said another user.
The customer service department was quick to help customers who had problems, in some cases.
“They sent me a new unit in the mail that works and I did not ask them to do so.They did that on there own,” one customer claimed.
Consumer Complaints – “From Abtronic Users”
If you check out websites such as Consumer Affairs, you will notice a high number of customer complaints regarding Abtronic. In fact, one user said, “This item came in and was majorly defective. I’m having to send it back for a refund.”
Another customer complained, “My Abtronic did absolutely nothing, and I want my money back.”
Complaints were not something everyone felt necessary.
According to one user, ‘” like the product but there are a few problems with it. It’s a little confusing.”
“Item is very cheap, however, i do use the ab portion and it works well,” said another.
Our research has revealed that if there is a certain part of a fitness machine or diet program that is especially concerning (a painful/difficult exercise routine, pills that make you jittery, a lot of customer complaints, poor product quality) the probability of long-term success is low. This means if Abtronic is not made well, this could be a serious issue.
The Science – “Clinical Proof?”
There have been studies complete on the process behind the Abtronic, but results vary. It does stimulate muscle, without a doubt, but the effect is mild and unless the stomach is thin you won’t likely see the change. At DietSpotlight, we like to see research that stands behind a products claims. This time around, we just didn’t find anything.
The Bottom Line – Does Abtronic Work?
Before you pull out that credit card, give me one more second. We appreciate that Abtronic is intended to help you tone up the abdominals, strengthen the core and improve overall fitness. However, we do not believe that this device yields the results it claims and since that’s the case, we’re hesitant about recommending it. Judging from the customer feedback and consumer complaints we found online, there are several problems to consider as well.
If you’re ready to improve muscle strength, increase stamina levels and enhance overall vitality, we suggest you go with a product that uses clinically tested ingredients, sells at an affordable price and comes with great customer service.
Among the best products we’ve seen this year is our supplement called Pronabolin. The formula contains a blend of nine clinically-tested ingredients. Results are seen in publications such as The Aging Male.
Also, we’re offering a 120-day money-back guarantee and multiple-bottle discounts; which is a great sign that you’ll love our supplement.
Previous Abtronic Review (Updated October 23, 2014):
What You Should Know
The Abtronic electronic fitness system is designed to exercise your muscles while you relax. You simply put on the conductive gel and put on the Abtronic belt. While you watch television or do housework, the Abtronic system uses electronic stimulation to tighten and release your muscles.
The Abtronic belt uses EMS technology (Electronic Music Stimulation) and feasibly could work on any part of the body as long as the belt physically fits.
List of Ingredients
The system has 10 different intensity levels so that you can gradually increase your exercise as you make progress.
The Abtronic system also has 6 different exercise programs, so that you can get a balanced workout.
Each system comes with a 4 ounce bottle of firming and toning gel as well as a 2 ounce bottle of activating gel.
- The system could hypothetically allow you to exercise while doing other things or even while relaxing.
- The Abtronic system is very portable and takes up very little space.
- The product is available for as little as $60.
- In 2002, the Abtronic company lost a large court case for faulty advertizing. Quite simply, the court determined that the system did not fulfill the promises that the company marketed, such as getting a six-pack without exercising, or the assertion that using the machine for 10 minutes is the same as 600 sit-ups.
- In the present, it is scientifically questionable whether the product actually works. Many people do not feel that the product worked the muscles at all. Even if it does work muscles some, it clearly does not give comparable exercise to a genuine workout as the company once claimed.
- The system uses "passive" muscle stimulation, meaning that you will burn only a few calories. You cannot expect the Abtronic system to help with abdominal fat. At the most, it can only somewhat help to strengthen your muscles. Dealing with fat requires you to use more calories than you consume, and the Abtronic system is not a help for that goal.
- Because of the court case, the Abtronic system is no longer available new. However, many previous owners are more than happy to sell their used models for a greatly reduced price.
- Based on the scientifically questionable basis of the system, it is reasonable to ask how healthy or safe extensive use of the system actually is.
The Abtronic fitness system is clear evidence that fitness only comes through hard work. Many people who purchased the system in 2001 and 2002, now feel that they were cheated. It is possible that electronic muscle stimulation could be somewhat effective, but it can never be a substitute for legitimate exercise. Many products such as thermogenic fat burners can help, but fitness always requires good nutrition and consistent exercise. There are no effortless shortcuts.