There are a lot of people are boasting incredible results with Zrii, so we decided to take a look for ourselves. In this review, we looked at the ingredients, side effects, customer service and research behind this product. We also read dozens of comments from users. We then compiled and summarized to give you the info you need, because we know you want the facts and not tons of fluff.
What Is Zrii?
Zrii is a nutritional beverage company founded on the philosophy and principles of Ayurveda, the ancient Indian system of holistic health and healing. Ayurveda is a consciousness-based approach to health, built on the precept of living life in tandem with the cycles of Nature.
Zrii’s Products are centered on a fruit called Amalaki, which the company claims has been used for over 5,000 years for its health properties. Their flagship product is an Amalaki juice, which the company says will boost energy levels, and enhance one’s overall fitness. This drink contains six botanicals designed to promote cellular rejuvenation, immune function and increased vitality.
Over time, Zrii has expanded its product line to include other nutritional products like coffee, omega 3’s and even a weight loss product.
Zrii uses a direct marketing method to build sales terminals for its products around the world. It is based in Draper, Utah and has offices in New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
Multilevel marketing is a form of advertising also called network marketing, or social marketing. It allows a company to spread the benefits of their products without risking a large upfront advertising budget. It provides members in the network earning opportunities by enabling them to build a distribution network which pays them commissions every time a Zrii product is sold.
How Did Zrii Start?
Zrii was founded in 2008 by William Farley. Farley, a veteran in the industry, is known for the success of Gitano and Fruit of the Loom brands. Farley had always desired to make a product that improves people’s health and longevity.
With the help of Dr. Deepak Chopra he came across Amalaki, an Asian fruit which could boost the immune system, help prevent illness, and rejuvenate.
Zrii, means “light, luster, splendor, and prosperity”. Zrii’s core products are:
- Zrii (a nutritional drink)
- Purify (formulated for weight loss)
- Achieve (formulated promote normal digestion)
- Accell (formulated to control weight)
All these products are made with Amalaki fruit.
Zrii is in a special wellness group called Ayurvedic’s. This means the Zrii’s products are processed on the five millenia year-old Ayurvedic principles that promote the use of natural ingredients to promote health.
Zriii is endorsed by Dr. Deepak Chopra and the Chopra Center for Wellbeing.
In February 2009, several Zrii employees staged a walkout and demanded that Farley step down as chief executive. Most of the aggrieved employees eventually moved to LifeVantage Corporation. 
- Amalaki: Amalaki is a nutritional drink formulated to provide energy boost and help rejuvenate cells. It’s core ingredient is the amalaki fruit, which has been used for over five millenia for its health features.
- Achieve: Unlike the Amalaki drink, Achieve is a powder manufactured to improve the body’s metabolism and enhance energy levels. Key ingredients include amalaki, tumeric and green tea.
- Purify: Purify is a weight management package with supplements such as Am Detox Capsules, Pm Detox Capsules, Fiber Supplement, and Detox Oil. These supplements are designed to rid the body of toxins and enhance waste removal.
- Accell: Accell is an energy powder designed to improve the body’s metabolism, enhance mental alertness and improve digestion. Key ingredients include green tea and Bacopa monnieri.
- Daily AM & PM: Daily AM & PM are formulated to enhance and maintain high energy levels throughout the day, ease the body for rest at night as well as rejuvenating vital body organs.
- Smart Omega-3: Smart Omega-3 is designed to enhance health and brain health.
- Zrii Rise: Zrii claims its coffee offers more benefits than the average cup of coffee. Zrii Rise core ingredients include Colombian Arabica beans, green coffee bean extract, and amalaki.
Zrii Product Claims
- Zrii claims that the energy boost and metabolism boost it promises comes from its natural ingredients.
- Zrii claims its coffee offers more benefits than the average cup of coffee.
- Zrii key ingredients date back over five millenia and are meant for cellular rejuvenation, as well as to improve digestion and circulation.
- Zrii is the only company that combines the philosophy of Ayurveda with cutting edge scientific research in the creation of its formulations.
The Chopra Center for Wellbeing officially endorses Zrii. The Chopra Center for Wellbeing recognizes the reliability and stability of Zrii as a company. They believe that Zrii is a valuable addition to the Chopra Center’s lifestyle offerings.
Zrii’s key ingredients include
Tumeric contains Curcumin which has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is also a very strong antioxidant. Turmeric is also known to increase the antioxidant capacity of the body, boost brain function and lower the risk of brain diseases.
Water extracted from jujube is known to inhibit cancerous cells, improve digestion, relieve chronic constipation, and is effective for keeping blood pressure at healthy levels.
Amalaki is known to enhance healthy metabolism, improve digestion and enhance optimal functioning of the organs.
Research has shown that ginger can help treat chronic indigestion, may improve function and help fight infections.
Haritaki helps in purifying the digestive system, speeding up the metabolism (which may enhance weight loss), lower blood sugar levels, and promote heart health.
Does Zrii Work?
At the time of this writing there’s been no clinical research to show the product will help with weight loss, although Zrii says the active ingredients used in its products have been used for over five millenia. These ingredients contain evidence that back Zrii’s claims, though there is yet to be substantial studies on how the formulation will help with weight loss.
How To Use Zrii
The recommended serving size of Zrii is one ounce consumed 1 to 3 times a day.
As a part of Ayurvedic philosophy, it is recommended to break up the serving levels throughout the day, such as drinking one ounce three times a day, rather than three ounces all at once. This can have a deeper effect within the body. The optimal serving size of Zrii was set by Zrii’s Scientific Advisory Board to offer a safe and physiologically significant serving level that can be enjoyed by a broad cross-section of individuals.
For people sensitive to the Zrii digestive herbs, diluting the drink with an equal part water can alleviate unwanted side effects. Diluting the drink changes the metabolism/absorption of the overall drink and makes it less apt to cause unwanted digestive effects. To lower potential side effects, drinking Zrii with food is also recommended. Signs of digestive sensitivity may include gas, bloating, loose stools, or a mild heating sensation in the stomach.
Potential Zrii Side Effects
Potential Zrii side effects include:
- Stomach upset
- Irregular bowel movements
Zrii Product Warnings
It is advised that individuals taking medications or with pre-existing medical conditions consult their primary care physician before consuming Zrii (or any nutritional supplement).
Pregnant or lactating women are advised to consult with their primary care physician before taking Zrii. This recommendation is in line with general standards of healthcare with regard to the consumption of herbal supplements while pregnant or breastfeeding.
However, In traditional Ayurvedic medicine, both amalaki and turmeric are widely used in pregnancy. These ingredients are traditionally thought to contribute to the overall good health of a baby.
Please note that Zrii has not been clinically tested for prescription drug interactions or specific disease conditions.
Zrii’s alternatives include:
- Xango: Xango’s big fruit is the mangosteen from Indonesia, which the company says helps everything from the immune system to joint function. 
- MonaVie: MonaVie is a blend built around the acai berry from Brazil, along with other super fruits like pomegranate and kiwi; the company says that MonaVie helps with joint health, cholesterol and immunity. It comes in a wine bottle, which is fitting since it tastes like a flat, fruity Merlot with a sticky aftertaste. 
- Miracle Fruits: Miracle Fruits tries to cover all the bases by including things like mangosteen, noni, acai, aloe and ginseng with some vitamins; the result tastes like a watery V8 and has a slightly plastic smell. 
- Bazi: Bazi also contains a global blend of mangosteen, seabuckthorn fruit, goji and acai, along with a large amount of vitamins and minerals.
- Daily Blast: Formulated with rose hips, dandelion greens, red seaweed, etc. — juiced and crammed into a single shot. 
Zrii and Amalaki Benefits
Amalaki is a tropical fruit found in southeastern Asia, including India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, and the Mascarene Islands. It is a small round fruit that is about 1/2 to 1 inches in diameter.
Zrii’s Products are centered on Amalaki, which the company claims has been used for over 5,000 years for its health properties. Amalaki is commonly known as Indian gooseberry or amla and is considered one of the most powerful rejuvenating herbs in Ayurveda. Backed by the five millenia-old science of Ayurveda, amalaki has one of the most documented legacies of any fruit known today.
Ayurveda practitioners say that Amalaki aids in the treatment: diarrhea, diabetes, atherosclerosis, high cholesterol, joint pain, high blood pressure, and obesity. Amalaki is commonly used to promote longevity in Ayurveda. It’s also used by ayurvedic practitioners to improve the health of the blood, bones, digestive system, liver, and skin.
Loaded with antioxidants, amalaki facilitates detoxification and enhances every part of the detoxification process resulting in the proper elimination of wastes and natural toxins.
Amalaki also aids digestion by cleansing and protecting the liver, which plays an important role in transforming food into useful nourishment.
Amalaki enhances healthy blood sugar levels by providing support for the entire digestive process which in turn supports the body’s ability to process food in an efficient manner.
Amalaki also boosts immunity, repairs body tissues, enhances youthfulness and wellbeing, and clarity of mind.
However, Amalaki is not entirely free of side effects. Amalaki can weaken the teeth when taken at night before bed and may also cause slight irritations in the throat.
Zrii And Weight Loss
The Zrii products are not designed specifically for weight-loss, so customers that have used it for weight loss have seen very little results.
Zrii Pyramid Scheme
The three levels within the Zrii pyramid scheme include, Immediate, Residual and Leadership.
The immediate level includes Fast Start Bonus and Preferred customer bonus. Fast start bonus is a starters level. Fast start members get Zrii’s products at wholesale prices and can resell at retail cost for a profit. However, the profit made by members varies depending on the differences of the wholesale vs retail costs.
Members at the preferred customer bonus level can receive their products monthly at lower prices, provided their customers enroll as a preferred customer.
The residual level includes Loyalty Reward Dollars, Fast Start Bonus, Double Fast Start Bonus, Star and Star Maker Bonus, Team Commissions, Matching Bonus, and others.
Members become eligible to earn loyalty reward dollars when they bring friends into the business, whether as retail or preferred customers.
- Fast Start Bonus: Fast Start Bonus allows members earn 20% commission on the first order of their referral. To become eligible, members have to be Z100 active. To be Z100 active, members must have a minimum of $100 worth of order for every 4 weeks period.
- Double Fast Start Bonus: Double Fast Start Bonus is the same as the fast start bonus but double the earnings. It offers 40% commission Instead of 20%, for the first order of a member’s referral. To be eligible, a member must have purchased the company’s premium packs (Note that availability is limited). The Double Fast Start Bonus can only be enjoyed by new members within their first full month in the business.
- Star and Star Maker Bonus: Star and Star Maker Bonus allows members to earn when their referral buys premium packs.
- Team Commissions: Team Commissions use the binary system which allows members to earn through team commissions. Every week, members get a tenth (in commission) on every sale they make on the left side of the team that has a corresponding amount on the right side.
- Matching Bonus: Matching Bonus can only be earned by members that have already attained a 4 star status. Members at matching Bonus level have built four levels of referrals. The matching bonus level allows members to earn whenever their referrals make their own teams. Commission for members at this level is about one-fifth of the total sales of their total sales volume.
Any Zrii Lawsuits?
In February 2009, several employees at the Zrii headquarters staged a walkout and demanded that Farley step down as chief executive. Most of the aggrieved employees eventually moved to LifeVantage Corporation. Zrii, LLC then filed lawsuits against its former employees, and some of its former Independent Executives.
Zrii filed complaints with the Court of Chancery of the State of Delaware (CA No. 4374-VCP), the Third Judicial District Court in Salt Lake City, Utah (CA No. 090903383), and with the United States District Court in the Southern District of California (Ref. No. 09 CV 0405 L). The suit contains complaints of an alleged plot to take control of the company through illegal means.
In December 2009, Farley won $400,000 in a settlement agreement with LifeVantage Corporation, where many of his former employees were hired.
What Users Are Saying
“”It tastes so good; not like other protein shakes I’ve taken. I take it in the morning and I wasn’t convinced it would keep me full but it does!””
“”I liked the previous formulation for the Dutch chocolate much better and used it successfully for years and am sorry that they decided to change it””
Also: read our Burn HD Weight-Loss Kit review »
“”The product tastes like plastic especially as it ages, I am sure there is a reaction with the fruit acid and plastic bottle.””
The Bottom Line – Does Zrii Work?
Is this fruit juice on our shopping list? We do like that Zrii has been around for several years and there does seem to be some support for overall health. Unfortunately, without the science proving that it will help with weight-loss, we are hesitant to add it to our list of recommended supplements. We’re also concerned about the extremely high price, the fact that it’s only available from distributor and some of the poor reviews that we read online.
If you’re looking for a product that is available directly from the manufacturer and that offers affordable weight-loss results, we suggest you go with a diet supplement that provides proven ingredients.
Among the best products we’ve seen this year is one called Dietspotlight Burn. It has ingredients that are proven to aid with weight-loss. It has been featured in published research and clinical trials and has outperformed a placebo when it comes to helping dieters burn fat and increase their metabolism. Users online seem to agree that it offers great results and we can’t find any mention of harmful side effects.
Right now, the makers of Dietspotlight Burn are showing how confident they are that you’ll love their product and see great results by offering a Special Trial Offer.Learn More About Burn HD »