100 Calorie Diet Review
What You Should Know
Susie and Tammy Trimble developed the 100 Calorie Diet after losing more than 100 pounds together by using their technique. The basic premise of the program is that you should eat everything in 100 calorie increments, so it is easier to track and you become more aware of your portion size. The sisters say this is the best and easiest way to lose weight.
List of Ingredients
According to this diet plan, you do not have to eat low fat foods, or skip carbs. You can eat whatever you want, whenever you want, so long as you measure out a 100 calorie portion, and you stay within your caloric guideline. Women are not to eat more than 1500 calories per day, and men are not supposed to eat more than 2000 calories per day in order to be in compliance with the program and lose weight. This program does not remove any foods, so you do not have to worry about depriving yourself of the foods you love. You can eat chocolate, pizza, and other traditionally “bad for you” foods every single day if you choose, so long as you are only eating the 100 calorie portions. As deprivation can cause you to feel bad mentally and lead to binging, it will destroy your metabolism and likely lead to weight gain in the end. The diet creators say you should not waste calories on foods that you do not believe taste good, and make sure you focus on getting high quality foods in your diet. When you feel hungry, there is a variety of “free food” you can eat in whatever quantity it takes to fill you up. When you follow this program, it is recommended you write everything you plan to eat the following day so you can effectively plan your meals and identify potential obstacles. There are worksheets included with the book to help with this.
- This program does not require dieters to get rid of their favorite foods.
- This program increases awareness about just how many calories are in the foods we eat.
- This program comes with tools to help you measure and count calorie intake.
- The 100 Calorie Diet encourages the use of artificial sweeteners.
- When you start eating normally again, you will likely see weight gain because this is what most calorie restricted diets cause.
- If you are physically active, the calorie intake may be too low.
- This program does not encourage really changing what you eat.
- This program requires calorie counting.
- For success in this program you must plan your meals at least one day in advance.
Though it sounds like a good idea, this program will not teach you much of anything about creating a healthier lifestyle through healthier food choices and activity. It is highly likely you will regain weight when yopu start eating the normal amount of calories in a day again. Instead, take a proven weight loss supplement with balanced diet and regular exercise program.