The Duke Diet is a weight-loss plan created and promoted by the Duke Diet and Fitness Center in Durham, North Carolina. The Duke Diet and Fitness Center has been operating since 1969, and focuses on individuals with excess weight and sedentary lifestyles. Unlike other weight loss programs that focus only on diet changes, the Duke Diet emphasizes lifestyle changes in diet, exercise, behavior and managing medical conditions. Online memberships to the Duke Diet are available for $5 per week at the official website.
The Duke Diet employs nutritionists, fitness experts and behavioral psychologists to help individuals in a variety of ways. There are many customer testimonials of people who have lost 100 lbs or more using the Duke Diet. According to the website, 55% of all of the people who have completed the diet maintained their weight loss after two years.
The Duke Diet is a weight loss program that is available online through the website for $5 per week. The Duke Diet membership involves charging customers $65 for every 13 weeks of membership through automatic billing of a customer’s credit card. Memberships may be terminated at any time and refunds will be given for any portion of time unused. The first 5 weeks of membership ($25) is nonrefundable. Memberships include personalized meal plans, recipes, shopping lists, nutrition guides, behavioral health assessments, custom fitness plans, weight tracker, food log, calorie calculator and a BMI calculator.
- Duke Diet memberships can be purchased online from its website or in person at the Duke Diet and Fitness Center in North Carolina.
- Duke Diet memberships can be cancelled at any time and refunds are given for unused time.
- The Duke Diet provides customer testimonials on its website.
- Unlike some other weight loss programs that only encourage short-term weight loss, the Duke Diet combines diet changes with fitness and behavioral modifications to help sustain weight loss for long-term periods.
- The first 5 weeks of membership in the Duke Diet is nonrefundable.
- Many of the features of the membership in the Duke Diet are available online for free from the USDA website My Pyramid Tracker.
The Duke Diet is weight loss plan that sells online memberships aimed at people with excess weight and sedentary lifestyles. While other diets focus only on eating, the Duke Diet involves all aspects of a person’s lifestyle, including behavior and fitness. All in all, The Duke Diet seems to be a well-rounded diet plan that promotes weight loss and a sustainable healthy lifestyle. A medical doctor should be consulted before beginning any diet.