What You Should Know
EndoBarrier is a gastrointestinal liner, designed to help people overcome type 2 diabetes and obesity without undergoing surgery. It is currently approved for use in several countries in Europe, as well as Australia, but is under review for use in the United States. Read this review to find out more about what the EndoBarrier is and how it may be able to help you reach your health and wellness goals without the stress of surgery.
List of Ingredients
EndoBarrier is a small plastic tube, that creates a barrier between your intestinal wall and the food you eat, to change the way your body responds to food. This in turn, helps to control your type 2 diabetes and leads to increased weight loss. It is inserted into your intestine via a small tube inserted in your mouth, and is placed just at the top of the intestine, at the bottom of the stomach. The piece is not permanently left in place, and can be removed with a small endoscopic procedure that does not require surgery. This is basically a non-sugerical method that allows the body to bypass some of the intestine, which gives you better metabolic control, and may also work to lower your blood pressure and cholesterol levels. The entire insertion procedure takes around 30 minutes, and it does not change your anatomy at all.
- EndoBarrier is a non-surgerical alternative to something like the LapBand.
- This product may make it easier for you to lose weight.
- EndoBarrier is not currently available for sale in the United States, because it is pending approval.
- This should not substitute a balanced diet and regular exercise.
- This must be done by a medical professional, and may not be covered under your health insurance.
- This device is not safe for everyone.
- You will have to make some dietary changes after the device is inserted, and your doctor will be the one to discuss those with you.
EndoBarrier seems like it could be an excellent way to help people who have struggled with weight loss other ways, but until it gets approval in the United States, is only available in other parts of the world. People who live in America now, would have to travel extensively to use the device, and risk not being able to receive proper treatment from their local doctors. You can lose weight with a reduced calorie, nutritionally balanced diet, and the concept of portion control to limit your serving size if you choose to eat something less healthy. You should also consider exercising on a regular basis to help burn more calories and increase your energy levels. If you find that you need more support, try adding a fat burner or appetite suppressant.