What You Should Know
HCBL HydroShape, manufactured by the Health Center for Better Living, is marketed as a lotion-based topical weight loss cream that states that it can eliminate all cellulite and stretch marks in a thirty-day period. HCBL HydroShape is no longer available by the Health Center for Better Living, but a few websites seem to still sell this product.
The only ingredients listed for HCBL HydroShape are Caffeine, Dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE), some natural antioxidants and some essential oils.
HCBL HydroShape contains the ingredient Caffeine which is thought to increase energy and promote thermogenesis (fat burning). These functions are only said to happen when Caffeine is ingested orally and there is absolutely no evidence to support that Caffeine can burn fat and increase energy when applied topically to the skin. The ingredient Dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE) is said to enhance cognitive function, but this is only when ingested. It is not stated what Dimethylaminoethanol’s (DMAE) role is in HCBL HydroShape. The essential oils in this product are said to reduce the appearance of cellulite, tone and tighten the skin and moisturize the skin. Essential oils are thought to moisturize the skin, but they are not known to tone and tighten the skin or reduce any cellulite. HCBL HydroShape also states that is contains some natural antioxidants, but it is unclear which ones they are and what they are purported to do.
- HCBL HydroShape contains essential oils so it may improve the softness of skin.
- HCBL HydroShape contains caffeine so those who are sensitive should avoid this product because adverse side effects such as nervousness and headache may occur.
- Those taking MAOI’s, SSRI’s, antidepressants, NSAIDS, corticosteroids or certain other medications should not take this product.
- Those who have diabetes, hypoglycemia, high blood pressure, cardiovascular ailments or certain other medical conditions should not take HCBL HydroShape.
- Women who are pregnant or nursing should not use this product.
- There are no proven fat burners or appetite suppressants in this product.
- HCBL HydroShape is no longer available.
- This product was very expensive when compared to similar products.
HCBL HydroShape doesn’t really stand out from the rest of the lotion-based topical weight loss supplements available today. HCBL HydroShape may not be an effective weight loss supplement because there doesn’t seem to be any proven appetite suppressants or fat burners in it so those seeking a weight loss supplements with the ability to suppress the appetite and burn fat may want to research other products that are intended for appetite suppression and fat burning. Those seeking weight loss should also develop a healthy diet and exercise program. Users will need to assess their health and fitness goals and decide if using HCBL HydroShape is right for them.