What You Should Know
Phentramin, also known as Phentramin-D, is an oral weight loss supplement claiming to mimic the effects of Phentramine, an FDA approved weight loss drug. Unlike other supplements, Phentramin emphasizes that it only uses natural ingredients proven to facilitate weight loss, which are disguised in its proprietary blend. The blend itself contains the popular weight loss ingredient Hoodia Gordonii, an ingredient shown to decrease appetite. If taken with proper diet and exercise, Phentramin claims you will lose a steady amount of weight, averaging around 2 lbs. per week. Phentramin is more expensive than other diet pills on the market (currently retailing at $67.00 per 60ct bottle, equaling a month’s supply), but numerous testimonials back up its claims. This supplement will disappoint crash dieters who need a quick fix, as it is designed for people looking for long-term, steady weight loss. The popularity of Phentramine-mimicking drugs draws safety concerns, however, since it is not FDA approved and the substance it is copying is prescription only.
Chromium, Caffeine, Hoodia Gordonii Cactus Powder, Magnolia Bark, Glucomannan, Green Tea, Theobromine, Guarana Extract, Cha de Bugre, Maca Extract, L-Theanine, Banaba Extract, Gugglesterone.
Phentramin claims it mimics all of Phentramine’s effects, including reduced appetite, increased energy, and increased fat elimination. Unlike Phentramine, however, Phentramin consists mostly of herbs and amino acids. They heavily use Hoodia Gordonii, a controversial ingredient that some diet experts are already calling the next Ephedra. Very few of Phentramin’s ingredients are scientifically proven to aid in weight reduction, however, bringing Phentramin’s effectiveness into question.
It is also important to note that Phentramin’s ingredients are very similar to ingredients in other popular diet supplements. The only difference? Phentramin is twice as expensive. Phentramin explains that their ingredients are top quality, but that does not seem to justify this supplement’s price. Raving testimonials seem to attest to its effectiveness, however, so it might be worth a second look.
- Phentramin uses ingredients proven to suppress appetite and increase energy.
- Numerous testimonials back Phentramin as a viable weight loss supplement.
- Phentramin uses Hoodia Gordonii, an effective weight loss ingredient.
- Phentramin is one of the most expensive diet aids available, currently priced at $67.00 per 60ct bottle.
- Most of Phentramin’s ingredients are not scientifically backed as proven weight loss supplements.
- Phentramin uses caffeine, a harsh stimulant.
- Phentramin is only available through online retailers.
- Phetramin seems to be heavily trading on the popularity of the prescription drug Phentramine, but there seem to be very few similarities between the two.
Phentramin might claim to be Phentramine’s herbal partner, but unfortunately most of the ingredients listed have no backing as effective weight loss aids. There is little difference between Phentramin and other popular weight loss supplements, but the testimonials might be worth a second look. We would like to see more to in either the product ingredient list or the customer support department to set Phetramin apart from other herbal diet supplements. Using a name similar to a known prescription diet drug just isn’t enough for us.