What You Should Know
The Genesis Diet is discussed in the book by the same title by Gordon S. Tessler, Ph.D. Its main premise is to use Genesis 1:29 and 3:18 as a basis for determining what kinds of foods are good or not. It promotes a vegan diet.
The Genesis Diet breaks vegan foods up into different groups and also supplies a cookbook for cooking different meals according to the diet. Little information is available outside of the book and cookbook.
List of Ingredients
Not applicable; this is a diet plan, not an herbal weight-loss supplement.
According to The Genesis Diet book, God designed a diet for man which can be understood from the Bible. This diet is a vegan diet, usually very strictly excluding animal products.
According to The Genesis Diet book, at least 75 percent of a person’s diet should consist of whole grains, beans and legumes, nuts and seeds, and fruits and vegetables. At least 90 percent of the time, these should be eaten raw or only lightly steamed.
Following this diet plan is touted to prevent or solve all kinds of medical problems, including cancer, strokes, heart disease, diabetes, and arthritis.
- Has a Genesis Diet Cookbook available with vegetarian recipes.
- Book is available for online purchase, used for as low as $14.59.
- There is very little research or information available online. It is difficult to find out exactly what the diet entails or if there is any scientific research backing it. It appears you have to buy the book to find out what it is really about, and there is no central site for contacting the diet developer with questions or concerns.
- There are no before/after photos.
- Has no money-back guarantee.
- Has no free gift with purchase.
- Is too high in carbohydrates.
- Is too low in protein.
- Is low in calories and energy.
- Misses or is low in several nutrients: calcium, vitamin D, vitamin B12, selenium, biotin, zinc, pantothenic acid, niacin, and iron.
- Does not highlight the importance of healthy diet and regular exercise.
- Requires eating over one gallon of vegetables per day.
- May cause mental or emotional problems due to lack of proper nutrition.
- Price of new book at amazon.com is very expensive, starting at $72.80.
This diet does not appear to have any scientific research backing it up, and while some users give glowing (but undetailed) reviews, other users report many problems with lack of nutrition leading to other health problems, including mental and emotional instability.
This diet is not recommended due to studies showing many problems with it and a lack of information from its promoter. Also, this is a diet plan, not an herbal weight loss supplement.