The South Beach Diet Review
What You Should Know
The South Beach Diet is an eating plan that consists of three phases and that aims to assist dieters with the process of losing weight. This diet program focuses on minimizing carbohydrates and focusing more on protein-rich lean meats, along with some grains, vegetables and fruits. Initially The South Beach Diet rules out most heavy carb foods like pasta and potatoes, but a greater variety of foods are acceptable after a couple weeks have passed. The South Beach Diet endeavors to help dieters hit their “target weight” and then allows them to eat a little more freely. The purpose of pulling out carbs for the first couple weeks has to do with removing the body’s habitual desire for these foods.
With The South Beach Diet, carbohydrates in particular are looked at in a somewhat negative way. The official website claims that most “unhealthy processed carbs” are digested too fast, which can result in the individual’s insulin levels rising. This can alert the body to store fat and desire more “unhealthy foods.” Unlike many diet plans currently offered, The South Beach Diet is not a supplement or diet pill. This program actually consists of preplanned meals that are frozen and simply go in the microwave. However, The South Beach Diet additionally offers “healthy” recipes if you choose to make the meals yourself. This diet program is suited for both men and women, and claims to allow dieters to enjoy a vast array of foods while they lose unwanted weight.
The South Beach Diet is an eating program that aims to aid with weight reduction. This diet plan consists of three phases, which are Phase 1 (begin losing weight and reduce food cravings), Phase 2 (steadily lose weight) and Phase 3 (maintain a healthy eating routine forever). The South Beach Diet involves healthy meal recipes and prepackaged frozen meals that can be microwaved. Essentially The South Beach Diet focuses on the reduction of unhealthy carbohydrates and endeavors to remove cravings. This diet program is based on the Glycemic Index. There are different South Beach Diet programs suitable for men and women.
- The South Beach Diet official website offers testimonials.
- The official website offers a recipe database.
- The South Beach Diet does not involve taking diet pills or medications that may result in side effects.
- The first phase of The South Beach Diet may not be suitable for all dieters since it restricts so much.
- The South Beach Diet does not appear to come with a money-back guarantee.
- Some individuals may not care for The South Beach Diet since it promotes a lifestyle change that lasts forever.
- The South Beach Diet does not appear to promote regular exercise.
- Offers no supplements that burn calories or suppress appetite.
- Some may experience adverse reactions to the detox period. (See reader comments.)
The South Beach Diet may be beneficial for some individuals who’re trying to lose weight since it encourages a reduction of unhealthy carbohydrates, which are commonly blamed for leading to weight gain. However, the notion of changing your diet and ways of eating forever may not be so appealing to some individuals. Also, The South Beach Diet lacks any appetite suppressants and supplements that assist with fat burning.