The School Nurse’s Resource for Children’s Diet and Health
Keeping children healthy can be an ongoing challenge with the prevalence of germs and illness in a variety of environments. An understanding of common childhood illnesses and how to prevent them can help manage children’s health. Vaccinations are one important defense against childhood illness. A healthy diet and regular exercise are also effective for keeping children healthy. Cleanliness and frequent hand-washing are important defense measures for stopping the spread of germs.
- Pediatric First Aid – This Red Cross publication provides instructions and graphics for performing pediatric first aid, including CPR.
- Helping Your Overweight Child
- Cold Medicines for Kids: What’s the Risk? – The Mayo Clinic explains the risks of giving children cold medicines.
- Colds and Children: Insights for Parents – Explore the common cold, how it impacts children, and how to prevent its spread on this website.
- Common Colds – Learn about the common cold and how to treat it in your child on this website.
- Common Illness & School Attendance Guidelines – Explore common illnesses to learn which ones require that children stay home and miss school.
- About Secondhand Smoke & Children’s Health – This web page explains the dangers of secondhand smoke and how it can impact children’s health.
Summer Banks has researched over 5000 weight-loss programs, pills, shakes and diet plans. Previously, she managed 15 supplement brands, worked with professionals in the weight loss industry and completed coursework in nutrition at Stanford University.