What You Should Know
When a person has been struggling to lose weight, it can be discouraging to realize there are so many diet plans, exercise plans, and diet supplements that all claim how easy it is to lose weight. The most important thing one can do in a weight loss journey is find a product or plan that appeals to them on a personal level and has a good history of success. For some people, counting calories is the simplest and most effective way to diet. It is the basis behind numerous well known programs. The 1200 Calorie Diet is the most basic form of a calorie counting diet plan.
The 1200 Calorie Diet does not belong to a single person or business. Instead it is a recommendation of how many calories an individual should consume to lose weight. The rate of weight loss will depend on the individual’s caloric intake prior to the diet.
List of Ingredients
The basics behind the 1200 Calorie Diet are quite simple. One consumes only 1200 calories per day. While there are numerous examples of what one may eat on a 1200 calorie diet, there is not one specific plan to turn to or a specific list of recommended foods to guide dieters. The calories can be found in healthy foods such as lean proteins, whole grains, healthy fats, fruits, and vegetables or they can be found in junk food. Books or free websites that provide the calorie count for various foods would need to be consulted in order to accurately track the number of calories eaten each day.
- No cost associated with the diet, all resources can be found online for free.
- Can be very effective depending on previous caloric intake.
- Can easily be adapted to fit specific dietary concerns.
- Requires precise calorie counting.
- The low caloric intake may not be sufficient for some people.
- Fatigue and hunger are common side effects of the diet.
- Exercise is not advised with this diet because of the low caloric intake.
- Maintaining weight loss is difficult once a regular diet is resumed.
- Nutritional deficiency is a real possibility unless food is carefully selected.
For dieters with the will power to stick to such a low calorie diet, the 1200 Calorie Diet would likely be effective. However, for weight loss to be sustained limiting calories this severely is not the answer. The diet is so restrictive that many people have difficulty maintaining their motivation and those without an understanding of good nutrition will likely eat foods that are unhealthy thus reinforcing bad eating habits and making long term success unlikely.