What You Should Know
The Abtronic electronic fitness system is designed to exercise your muscles while you relax. You simply put on the conductive gel and put on the Abtronic belt. While you watch television or do housework, the Abtronic system uses electronic stimulation to tighten and release your muscles.
The Abtronic belt uses EMS technology (Electronic Music Stimulation) and feasibly could work on any part of the body as long as the belt physically fits.
List of Ingredients
The system has 10 different intensity levels so that you can gradually increase your exercise as you make progress.
The Abtronic system also has 6 different exercise programs, so that you can get a balanced workout.
Each system comes with a 4 ounce bottle of firming and toning gel as well as a 2 ounce bottle of activating gel.
- The system could hypothetically allow you to exercise while doing other things or even while relaxing.
- The Abtronic system is very portable and takes up very little space.
- The product is available for as little as $60.
- In 2002, the Abtronic company lost a large court case for faulty advertizing. Quite simply, the court determined that the system did not fulfill the promises that the company marketed, such as getting a six-pack without exercising, or the assertion that using the machine for 10 minutes is the same as 600 sit-ups.
- In the present, it is scientifically questionable whether the product actually works. Many people do not feel that the product worked the muscles at all. Even if it does work muscles some, it clearly does not give comparable exercise to a genuine workout as the company once claimed.
- The system uses “passive” muscle stimulation, meaning that you will burn only a few calories. You cannot expect the Abtronic system to help with abdominal fat. At the most, it can only somewhat help to strengthen your muscles. Dealing with fat requires you to use more calories than you consume, and the Abtronic system is not a help for that goal.
- Because of the court case, the Abtronic system is no longer available new. However, many previous owners are more than happy to sell their used models for a greatly reduced price.
- Based on the scientifically questionable basis of the system, it is reasonable to ask how healthy or safe extensive use of the system actually is.
The Abtronic fitness system is clear evidence that fitness only comes through hard work. Many people who purchased the system in 2001 and 2002, now feel that they were cheated. It is possible that electronic muscle stimulation could be somewhat effective, but it can never be a substitute for legitimate exercise. Many products such as thermogenic fat burners can help, but fitness always requires good nutrition and consistent exercise. There are no effortless shortcuts.