Clean Gut Review
What You Should Know
The Clean Gut Diet is a book written by Alejandro Junger, M.D. He attended medical school in Uruguay, and then moved to New York to complete his postgraduate training. He developed the diet on the basis that the problem is the fact that we are not eating food anymore–we are eating “food like products.”
List of Ingredients
The Clean Gut Dietis a diet based on what the doctor himself experienced as a result of his move to the United States. His diet here led him to be diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and a slew of other health conditions, including depression. In the book, he talks about how the gut is connected to the body, and how cleansing and detoxifying it can lead to weight loss and improved health. The diet is broken down into two phases–the first phase is 21 days and is based on a liquid breakfast, lunch and dinner chosen from the book, and on foods that are low in sugar and easy to digest. During this phase, you will take a variety of nutritional supplements that help heal the gut. The second phase allows you to slowly reintroduce the foods you cut out of your diet over a week.You’ll see the foods that don’t promote gut health, and be able to create a blueprint to support your gut health over the long run.
- The Clean Gut Diet helps cleanse and detoxify your body.
- This program was developed by a medical doctor.
- The Clean Gut Diet may lead to headaches, irritability and fatigue as your body detoxifies.
- The first three weeks may be hard to stick to.
- The diet is highly restrictive and may be expensive to follow.
- This diet is not easy to follow in social situations.
- People who want clear cut exercise guidelines will be disappointed with this, as you’re free to make your own choices.
The Clean Gut Diet is not suitable to follow for the long term. This needs to be something you follow for about four weeks or so to enable to you to see some weight loss on the scale to serve as motivation while you work on a long term approach to weight loss. Adding a clinically proven safe and effective appetite suppressant and or fat burner can also help. We do like that this program promotes exercise.