Plant Powered Diet Review
What You Should Know
Plant Powered Diet: The Lifelong Eating Plan for Achieving Optimal Health, Beginning Today is a book written by Sharon Palmer, who is a registered dietician. This book is available in paperback and eBook format. If you are considering getting healthier through a primarily plant based diet, then this could be what you are looking for. Read this review to find out more.
List of Ingredients
Plant Powered Diet: The Lifelong Eating Plan for Achieving Optimal Health, Beginning Today contrary to what the title sounds like, does not actually call for a full shift to vegetarianism. Instead of saying you should go straight to an all vegetable diet, she says that whole plants, should instead, become the main staples of your diet. She says her research shows this will help with weight loss, reducing oxidative stress, boosting your metabolism, boosting your immune system, and reducing your carbon foot print. She provides several chapters of information about how this can help your body. She says simply cutting out processed foods and limiting your meat consumption is not the optimal health diet she endorses. The book features 75 recipes to help you get started, and recommends transitioning with one meatless night a week.
- Plant Powered Diet: The Lifelong Eating Plan for Achieving Optimal Health, Beginning Today is written by a dietician.
- This is a good choice for omnivores and vegans.
- Plant Powered Diet: The Lifelong Eating Plan for Achieving Optimal Health, Beginning Today could be a major shift in diet for those who are used to eating a lot of processed foods and meat products.
- People who do not like vegetables may have a hard time adjusting to this diet.
- A predominantly plant based diet may be hard for an entire family to adjust to.
- A diet like this may require you to spend more time in the kitchen on food prep.
Plant Powered Diet: The Lifelong Eating Plan for Achieving Optimal Health, Beginning Today is a good choice for people who want to become educated about the benefits of a plant based diet, without the pressure of having to make the switch full force right off the bat. There are plenty of recipes to choose from to help you get started on this path, but if you’re trying to adjust as a family it could be hard. It could also be hard to stick to if you’re the only one in the home trying to use this approach. For best results, make sure you combine this diet with regular exercise and water intake. For even better results, use a clinically proven safe and effective appetite suppressant and/or fat burner.