What You Should Know
PolyGlycoPlex is marketed as a sugar blocker and a proprietary soluble fiber complex that will provide users with glucose management. It also states that it can suppress the appetite. This product also claims that, when taken correctly, it can regulate bowel movements. This PolyGlycoPlex seems to be targeted at men and women equally, but it seems to be targeted at those who are over forty years of age more than it is younger adults. Users are instructed to take this product with a full glass of water before meals for best results. It is not stated how much of this product should be taken and the maximum daily allowance is not posted.
This products website also hosts a variety of other products so it is can be a bit difficult to find PolyGlycoPlex. The website does not offer much information on this product and there are no user testimonials posted for it. Those wishing to use PolyGlycoPlex can do so without a prescription because it is considered a dietary supplement.
List of Ingredients
Konjac Root Extract (amorphophallus konjac k. koch), Sodium Alginate, Xanthan Gum, Mulberry (morus alba), Glucomannan, Powdered Extract (leaf), Gelatin, Purified Water, Rice Powder and Magnesium Stearate (vegetable grade).
PolyGlycoPlex contains Mulberry which is supposed to have antioxidant qualities as well as prevent insulin and glucose meals from rising after meals. The ingredient Xanthan Gum is supposed to be beneficial to the digestive tract. The ingredient Glucomannan is supposed to help suppress the appetite, lower cholesterol and lower the glycemic index.
- PolyGlycoPlex contains a large amount of fiber and that can be healthy.
- This product does not contain any laxatives or stimulants.
- It can be harmful to block sugars and starches.
- Blocking carbohydrates may not be safe or desirable for everyone.
- PolyGlycoPlex does not contain any proven fat burners or appetite suppressants.
- Those taking MAOI’s, SSRI’s, antidepressants, NSAIDS, corticosteroids or certain other medications should not take this product.
- Those who have diabetes, hypoglycemia, high blood pressure, cardiovascular ailments or certain other medical conditions should not take PolyGlycoPlex.
- Women who are pregnant or nursing should not take this product.
- Glucomannan may inhibit the absorption of certain essential nutrients.
- There are no user testimonials posted for PolyGlycoPlex.
PolyGlycoPlex does not really stand out from the rest of the supposed glucose managing and appetite suppressing fiber based weight loss supplements available today. PolyGlycoPlex may not be an effective weight loss supplement because there does not seem to be any proven appetite suppressants or fat burners in it so those seeking a weight loss supplement with the ability to suppress the appetite and burn fat may want to research other products that are intended for appetite suppression and fat burning. Those seeking weight loss may also benefit from developing a healthy diet and exercise program that suits them and their lifestyle. Users will need to assess their health and fitness goals and decide if using PolyGlycoPlex is right for them.