We’re hearing a lot of buzz about The Center for Medical Weight-Loss. We decided to take a closer look into ingredients, side effects, clinical research and customer service quality. Additionally, we dissected hundreds of consumer comments. Then, we summarized and refined to give you the info you need.
What is the Center for Medical Weight Loss?
First off, The Center for Medical Weight-Loss is a weight-management clinic focusing on dieters losing weight through a three-phase program. The program includes quick start, transition and maintenance. Prior to starting, you will need to visit with a counselor and then a plan is customized to your goals. One of the benefits is the free tools available on the official website.
The Center for Medical Weight-Loss was first introduced in 2001 and then reintroduced to weight-loss centers in 2006. The program is now available at more than 300 locations throughout the United States. You can only purchase the program on the official website or by visiting a local center. We like that we located some favorable customer comments and the longevity of the company, but read on…
Poor Customer Service – “No Support?”
The first concern about The Center for Medical Weight-Loss was the lack of support from the customer service department. “When you visit a center designed to help users lose weight, one expects a high level of service,” said our Research Editor. “If the staff doesn’t offer help, chances are, you won’t reach your goals.”
- “The doctor, who spent our whole initial consultation trying to upsell me on the next super expensive plan instead of paying attention to the plan I was already on and talking to me about my needs,” said a customer.
- “Looking forward to this “physician assisted” Weight Loss Clinic; however, I never met the physician on my initial consult. I could not believe how unprofessional they were,” reported another.
We found that some customers liked the feedback from The Center for Medical Weight-Loss. “My MD at CMWL helped me understand what the problem was and also helped me understand how to live normally,” commented a consumer.
- Another customer stated, “A great experience with the staff so far everyone was very friendly and gave a lot of information to help you succeed.”
Price – “A Bit Steep?
Customers on the web are talking about the high price of The Center for Medical Weight-Loss.
- “They drilled me about buying their food which came up to $350.00 a week,” said one customer.
- “I didn’t like this diet. It was the most expensive diet ever and there were no phone calls or follow ups at all,” commented a consumer.
- “The diet is very expensive – $650 for one month. That is why I am now looking for something else,” reported another.
Some liked the program, but mentioned the cost as one of the concerns. “It is a good plan, if you can afford it,” stated a user.
- “I consider the expense an investment that I can live with for the rest of my life,” stated a customer.
We have experience behind us and we’ve found that something considered troublesome, like a high price tag, could limit long-term success. If The Center for Medical Weight-Loss asks customers to shell out more than $100 per week, is it really worth the investment?
The Science – “Backed by Research?”
The official The Center for Medical Weight-Loss website states the program is based on “scientific principles” and approved by an advisory board consisting of medical professionals. We didn’t find clinical studies proving users will lose weight following the plan. There are studies showing reduced calorie diets could help with weight-management, but nothing points toward this system. At DietSpotlight, we seek research prior to making any suggestions. If there’s no, we become skeptical.
The Bottom Line – Does The Center for Medical Weight-Loss Work?
So, are you making your first appointment at The Center for Medical Weight-Loss? Well, we like that the company has been in business for years and that there’s some positive customer comments, but we have concerns about this one because of the lack of published research proving the plan helps you lose weight. We’re also hesitant due to the high cost of the program and the lack of support from the customer service department.
Are you ready to drop those extra pounds? We suggest going with an affordable supplement with a customer service team willing to help resolve issues.
Among the best supplements we’ve encountered in 2016 is one called Leptigen. The product consists of multiple clinically-tested ingredients shown to boost metabolism and enhance fat loss. Comments from the web show people are seeing exceptional results and there’s limited talk about negative side effects.
Also, the makers of Leptigen are providing customers with a Special Trial Offer – a true sign of confidence in their supplement.