You want to use a meal replacement to help cut calories, but you don’t know if this is the right one. Diet products either work or they don’t. Period. Let’s see which one GNC Total Lean Shake is. We dove into the side effects, ingredients, customer service and scientific research. We also took to reading hundreds of reviews. Then, we condensed it all to give you the bottom line.
What is GNC Total Lean Shake?
To begin, GNC Total Lean Shake is a meal replacement with a carbohydrate blend, milk protein, dry milk, cocoa, creamer and a vitamin and mineral blend. It supplies nine grams of protein and is supposed to help support a healthy diet and metabolism. A meal and exercise plan comes with your order from GNC.
GNC, the company behind Total Lean Shake, has been around for decades. The official website sells all branded products, but you can also buy them through third-party retailers. We like the idea of using a meal replacement to help control calorie intake and it only contains 180 calories, but read on…
It mixes easily…I just wish it was not so highly processed.
The Taste of GNC Total Lean Shake – “Good or Bad?”
We first looked at GNC Total Lean Shake ingredients to see what users thought about the taste. “As you’d expect with a protein supplement, some like the flavor and others hate it,” says our Research Editor.
- “Rich Chocolate tastes pretty good,” shares one user.
- Another claims, “I was really surprised about the taste. I really do like the chocolate flavor.”
Just as many users were not happy with the taste.
- “First of all the taste makes me want to throw up,” described a dieter.
- One buyer said, “Seriously put me off chocolate. Yuck.”
Results – “Not for Everyone”
With the word “lean” in the name, you look to this product to help promote weight-loss. Not everyone saw the results they expected.
- One person who used GNC Total Lean Shakes said, “Does not help support healthy weight loss.”
- Another shared, “I… didn’t lose any weight…back to looking for something that tastes a lot better.”
However, there are dieters who saw results and were happy with them.
- “I followed the nutrition guidelines that came with it…and lost about 10lbs in 3 weeks (while doing a lot of cardio),” said one user who partnered exercise with GNC Total Lean Shakes.
- One more said, “In the first week of using it and not really dieting otherwise (still had alcohol, etc.) and no exercise – I lost one pound.”
So, after years of research we’ve found a connection between the small things, like a few negative reviews in a row, and a lesser chance of lasting results. If GNC Total Lean Shakes isn’t what the dieter wants, they’ll turn to another brand quick.
The Science – “Validated?”
If you’re willing to take a chance and taste is not an issue, then what does the science say about GNC Total Lean Shake? Protein is known for helping stave off cravings between meals, but that’s true of all sources. Plus, the nine grams in this formula is a little on the low side when you can spend the same amount for 30 grams or more.
The Bottom Line – Do GNC Total Lean Shakes Work?
Are we already mixing up a shake? Well, we like the idea of a meal replacement to help control calorie intake and some people think the flavor is amazing, but we do have some reservations. Science doesn’t say GNC Total Lean Shake is any better than an alternative that provides more protein. And, mixed reviews leave dieters questioning whether or not it’s worth a try.
If you want to get the most out of your meal replacement, we suggest pairing it with a clinically tested supplement shown to help promote weight-loss.
Among the best products we’ve seen in 2016 is one called Leptigen. It contains just four ingredients and all may help spark metabolism and fat loss, according to clinical testing. Testimonials from dieters who’ve used the formula to reach weight-loss goals are amazing.
Plus, Leptigen is available as a Special Trial Offer because the makers are so confident in the formula.