97% of dieters just want a product that’s effective. Yeah, we don’t understand the other 3%, either. Our in-depth review focused on GNC Total Lean CLA side effects, ingredients, level of customer care and scientific studies. Plus, we picked apart hundreds of user comments from all over the web. At this point, we compacted and summarized to give you the info you need.
What is GNC Total Lean CLA?
First off, GNC Total Lean CLA is a fat burner. The active ingredient is:
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid 2,000mg (derived from safflower oil)
This supplement is supposed to help you maintain lean muscle mass, enhance metabolism and support healthy body composition. The company recommends taking two capsules per day.
GNC Total Lean CLA was released in 2011 and is made by General Nutrition Corporation. You can purchase the supplement through the official website, local GNC stores or through trusted retailers. We like that it contains a natural ingredient and it seems affordable, but read on…
Products Similar to GNC Total Lean CLA
|Ab Cuts Advanced||read|
|Boost (Sample offer)||read|
Lack of Real Results – “A Concern?”
We first noticed an issue with results with GNC Total Lean CLA ingredients. According to our Research Editor, “Even though CLA is quite popular as a daily supplement for maintaining lean muscle tissue, there is no solid evidence that this essential fatty acid causes weight-loss or reduced BMI (body mass index).” 
One customer said, “I bought the 180 count bottle, I didn’t notice any difference after 5 weeks.”
“While it may be effective in the lean muscle mass department. I saw no change in my weight from it,” said another user.
While results vary from customer to customer, we did find that users did notice results while using GNC Total Lean CLA. 
“I wanted something on the more natural side of things to aid in weight loss. I feel that in addition to my gym use and diet it has helped me tone up,” reported a customer.
Poor User Reviews – “Unhappy Customers”
We found that not every GNC Total Lean CLA review posted online was positive.  One user stated, “Haven’t seen any results for losing weight. The only thing that I have noticed was acne.”
Another dieter stated, “Already 2 weeks. I don’t see any changes. Neither my weight nor body shape. I have gained some weight.”
Results from GNC Total Lean CLA ingredients may depend on the user.
“I’m not sure how much the weight loss was due to the diet and exercise and how much was due to the CLA but I can attest to very positive results when CLA was combined with diet and exercise,” said a dieter.
“I recommend you take these after each meal! It helps me not feel bloated,” commented another.
Our research has shown that if a specific aspect of a weight-loss product or program is very bothersome, like being connected to negative reviews, the likelihood of long-term success is slim. This means if GNC Total Lean CLA does result in all sorts of user issues, this could be a big problem.
The Science – “Evidence?”
From what we can tell, GNC does not provide any clinical research to back up the weight-loss claims concerning GNC Total Lean CLA. Furthermore, according to WebMD, conjugated linoleic acid has not been proven effective at helping the dieter lose more. Since we at DietSpotlight need to see documented science that supports the product, we feel the need to keep searching for the best solution. Also: read our Boost Testosterone Booster Kit review »
The Bottom Line – Does GNC Total Lean CLA Work?
Well now, what do we have to say at the conclusion of this one? It’s nice to see that GNC Total Lean CLA may help support lean muscle tissue. However, we have doubts about recommending this one for weight reduction and fat loss. There are actually numerous customer complaints that this product does not work at all. Furthermore, there are plenty of other CLA supplements available that sell for much less. 
Dieters that need to slim down and shed pounds more rapidly, we suggest you go with a weight-loss supplement that is supported by positive customer reviews and contains clinically-proven ingredients for fat loss.
Among the best products we’ve found this year is the supplement Pronabolin. It’s a blend of nine ingredients. All clinically-tested with results showing help improving testosterone levels, strength, energy and more.
Also, they’re convinced you’ll love the supplement, so they’re offering a 120-day money-back guarantee and multiple-bottle discounts.Learn More About Boost »