What You Should Know
OptiSlim VLCD is a very low calorie diet system that replaces meals under the recommendations of a health professional. Within the diet industry, VLCD’s are viewed as “extreme” weight loss options, and are usually carried out under a doctor’s supervision. The shakes provided will allow a dieter to maintain his or her daily nutritional requirements and lose weight at the same time. OptiSlim Soups contain 25 vitamins and minerals. However, when under this diet arrangement, it is important to maintain fluid intake during the day. The recommended amount is about 2 liters per day.
The ingredients will vary based upon the product used.
OptiSlim is a very low calorie diet containing 3350kJ, which amounts to 800 calories or less per day. There are about four products from OptiSlim. These are VLCD Shakes, VLCD Soups, MAX Tablets and OptiSlim Shakers. OptiSlim Soups have seven sachets per pack that come in flavors of tomato, pumpkin and chicken. The OptiSlim Shakes come in milkshake taste and in three flavors Vanilla, chocolate and Espresso Coffee. They contain minerals, vitamins, and trace elements that come in balanced levels. OptiSlim tablets also come with the right and balanced amounts of vitamins and minerals. However, it is still advisable for someone under the OptiSlim program to ensure that he or she has a daily consumption of fibers, low starch vegetables like broccoli, mushrooms, lettuce, spinach, green beans or cucumbers.
People with diabetes, liver disease, gall bladder disease, kidney problems or cardiovascular diseases should first consult a doctor before starting on any VLCD regimen. This is because the program will usually affect the body’s metabolism processes and may cause an individual to experience significant physical changes like weight loss. This may affect existing medical conditions. Thus, regular checkups and monitoring by a physician is required to manage these medical complications.
- OptiSlim has been shown to reduce the chances of one being overweight and obese.
- Obesity has numerous complications that include high blood pressure, cardiovascular problems and other forms of cancer. Thus, one reduces the chances of getting these diseases.
- The use of OptiSlim causes a person to experience some unpleasant reactions including headaches, dizziness, constipation, bad breath, nausea and diarrhea.
- Following the VLCD program will also cause a person to have an increased amount of uric acid in the body which may lead to the development of acute gout. Acute gout is very irritating and will usually require a doctor’s assessment to reduce the discomfort.
- A VLCD should only be followed under the strict care of a physician.
With only 800 calories or less in a day intake, OptiSlim VLCD programs are clearly one of the most effective weight loss programs on the market when followed under the care of a doctor. The backing of clinical trials on these products is evidence of their safety and effectiveness, but this safety is not something that should be determined by the individual. In order to lose weight effectively without a dangerously low amount of calories, we recommend a fat burner or other weight loss supplement and a healthy diet and exercise.