What You Should Know
Lipotrim is a range of food replacement meals. The concept on which Lipotrim and its ingredients are based was conceived by Howard Foundation Research Limited, a company that is based in England and promotes research into obesity. Dr Stephen Kreitzmam, a scientist and Managing Director of Howard Foundation Research Limited had a lot to do with formulating these replacement meals. The Lipotrim range of meal replacement products can only be used in conjunction with a family doctor or designated pharmacy based in either the United Kingdom or Ireland.
Although there is an official website it does not list the ingredients in the Lipotrim range of meal replacement products.
Those who manufacture Lipotrim say that it is intended to be used by those who are clinically overweight and are serious about following a weight loss program. The meal replacement products consist of Chicken Soup or Vegetable Soup, Flavoured drinks and Flapjacks, which are available in either coconut or peanut butter flavour. The manufacturers say that the Lipotrim programme began in 1987 and, due to its success with family doctors, it was extended to designated pharmacies. If you live in either Ireland or the UK and want to follow this program you will need to have the permission of your family doctor, and you will need to meet with him or her regularly so that your progress can be monitored. Likewise, if you decide to follow the Lipotrim meal replacement program with a Pharmacy in the UK or Ireland you will need to have your progress regularly followed by the nominated pharmacy. The manufacturers say that if you are a male you can expect to lose “one and a half stone” in a month by following the Lipotrim meal replacement program and if you are a woman you can expect to lose “one stone” in a month.
- There is an official website for the Lipotrim meal replacement products.
- This is a weight loss program that is monitored by a Family Doctor or a qualified pharmacist.
- The scientist who helped create the Lipotrim program is an expert in weight loss and obesity.
- The Lipotrim weight loss meal replacement program can only be accessed in the UK or Ireland, severely limiting the program’s potential clientele.
- The products cannot be purchased on line.
- The manufacturers do not provide us with any concrete proof that Lipotrim actually works as claimed.
- There do not seem to have been any controlled standardized tests carried out on the Lipotrim meal replacement products.
The one thing evidently in favor of the Lipotrim meal replacement programme is that the person following it is carefully monitored by a family doctor or by a registered pharmacist. However if you are based outside the UK or Ireland you will be unable to access the program. Also, we are not provided with any concrete evidence that suggests that the meal replacement program is superior to other weight loss replacement meals, and therefore we cannot recommend it over and above similar weight replacement meals that are available in Ireland and the UK.