You’ve likely seen Qunol Turmeric products in-store, online, or even read about them. These well-distributed dietary supplements are supposed to help with inflammation and joint health. Are there benefits of turmeric for weight loss? What is the secret to the power of curcumin?
We looked at the company behind these products, the ingredients, Qunol Turmeric reviews, and peer-reviewed data to find those answers and more.
Qunol Turmeric can be purchased through their Official Site.
What Are Qunol Turmeric Products?
The manufacturer claims these dietary supplements improve joint health and inflammation associated with overexertion. What is the power of curcumin, and what is it doing to the body?
- Nutrition Today: Quten Research Institute claims Qunol Tumeric products help with inflammation and joint health. A 2020 article looks at potential benefits, including uses for negating effects of inflammatory and metabolic conditions.
- American Journal of Plant Sciences: Turmeric (Curcuma longa) is known as a spice with great functional health potential. One review notes potential mechanisms for its medicinal effects on inflammation and other health markers.
- Journal of Functional Foods: In April 2021, an article discussed the role of curcuminoids concerning metabolic conditions. That includes turmeric for weight loss through modulating glucose and fat metabolism affecting metabolic health.
Qunol Turmeric Competitors
Who is Behind Qunol Turmeric?
Quten Research Institute, LLC was founded in approximately 2010. Deepak Chopra’s name comes up often during company searches as a prominent management team member. Its headquarters is out of New Jersey.
The mission is to supply clean and nourishing supplements, including vegetarian options sourced from ethical and responsible manufacturers.
Scroll below for one of the best products we’ve seen over the last year.
Quten Research Institute Customer Service
The company has an unclaimed profile under “Qunol” on Trustpilot with no feedback. Our research found no entries on sites like Yelp. You can find company profiles on sites like Linkedin, though.
Quten Research Institute
10 Bloomfield Ave
Pine Brook, New Jersey 07058, US
The company also provides an electronic form on its Contact Us page.
Quten Research Institute and the Better Business Bureau
Quten Research Institute, LLC has a Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile that opened on 09/18/2012. It is not accredited and has an F rating. Seven reviews give the company a 1.0 out of 5.0-star customer rating.
The BBB profile shows 15 complaints closed over the last three years, with 13 listed as resolved in the past 12-month period.
Other Products From Quten
Other Products From Quten Research Institute
Qunol Turmeric Curcumin products come in several options:
- Qunol Turmeric Curcumin Complex
- Qunol Liquid Turmeric
- Qunol Turmeric Gummies
- Qunol Turmeric Instant Drink Mix
The company also offers a range of CoQ10, Omega-3, immune support, and sleep supplements.
Qunol Turmeric Product Claims
Qunol Turmeric reviews are generally favorable online. For example, Qunol Turmeric 1500 mg capsules rate 4.6 on Costco with over 3,500 entries. Walmart customers rate Qunol Turmeric 1000 mg capsules at 4.8 from 9,384 reviews. Satisfied customers highlight anti-inflammatory benefits, while unsatisfied complaints include issues with pill size and powder residue on capsule exteriors.
Quten Research Institute claims Qunol Turmeric benefits include supporting healthy bodily responses to inflammation associated with physical overexertion. It is supposed to help with improved joint health as well.
The turmeric Qunol uses water dispersion technology, which allegedly makes them hydro-soluble and more bioavailable than standard turmeric spices.
Qunol Turmeric Ingredients
The main ingredient in Qunol Turmeric supplement products is Turmeric, with varying levels of the compound and curcuminoid intensity:
- Turmeric Instant Drink Mix 500mg is Qunol Turmeric powder. One packet/scoop has 500 mg of Curcumin Extract (Curcuma longa) Rhizome (no curcuminoids % listed)
- Qunol Turmeric Gummies 500mg is Qunol Turmeric gummy chews. Two gummies provide 500 mg of Curcumin Extract (Curcuma longa) Rhizome (18-22% curcuminoids)
- Qunol Turmeric 1000 mg is Qunol Turmeric pills. Two capsules have 1000 mg of Bioenhanced Turmeric-Complex (Curcuma longa) Rhizome (18-22% curcuminoids)
- Qunol Turmeric 1500 mg is Qunol Turmeric pills also. Three capsules have 1500 mg of Bioenhanced Turmeric-Complex (Curcuma longa) Rhizome (18-22% curcuminoids)
- Qunol Liquid Turmeric 1000 mg is a Qunol Turmeric Liquid. One tablespoon has 1000 mg of Curcumin Extract (Curcuma longa) (Rhizome) (95% curcuminoids)
What Is Qunol Turmeric Good For?
Curcuma longa could help sugar levels, providing indirect turmeric and weight loss benefits. The Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry published test results demonstrating the ingredient’s positive effects on glycemic levels.
Chronic inflammation plays a role in several weight-related conditions. A January 2022 StatPearls states turmeric is associated with improved inflammation in animal models. That could also lead to indirect turmeric and weight loss benefits.
Does Turmeric Help With Weight Loss?
Is turmeric good for weight loss? The European Review for Medical Pharmacological Sciences published preliminary results from a study, stating that bioavailable forms of curcumin can positively influence weight management in overweight subjects. Another article in Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity notes that curcumin decreased intestinal adiposity accumulation in rats studied for oxidative stress effects.
Using turmeric for weight loss does not need to target adipose tissue directly. The publication Current Medicinal Chemistry stated in 2018 that turmeric extracts play a regulatory role in inflammatory reactions evoked in overweight patients, helping them reduce their excessive body weight.
In March 2019, Phytotherapy Research published test results demonstrating the potential benefits of turmeric for weight loss in people with metabolic conditions. Data showed that 2100 mg of turmeric over eight weeks caused a significant reduction in body weight and BMI compared to a placebo.
Another example of data supporting turmeric and weight loss potential is test results published by Food Science and Biotechnology. It states high doses of turmeric powder reduce the development of obesity in rat models.
Potential Qunol Turmeric Side Effects
Our research did not find adverse reactions from customer use of Quten Research Institute products. All dietary supplements can cause issues when used, including allergic reactions, drug interactions, changes in mental or physical states, and body pains.
Qunol Turmeric side effects from the turmeric concentrations might produce diarrhea, dizziness, nausea, or upset stomach.
Can I Take With...
Can I Take Qunol Turmeric Products With…
Dietary products like Qunol Turmeric supplement do not get approval by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and it does not regulate manufacturers such as Quten Research Institute.
Discuss supplements with your healthcare team before adding them to your daily diet, especially if you have underlying health conditions or take prescription medications.
How To Take Qunol Turmeric: Directions
Each of the various products indicates you should take one serving daily. You can take gummies without a time restriction while you take capsules with or after meals. Qunol Turmeric liquid and powder products mix into water or drinks without indicated timing restrictions.
Where to Buy
Cost and Where to Buy
The complete line of Qunol Turmeric products is available through the Quten Research Institute website for:
- 1000 mg capsules (60 servings) $29.99
- 1500 mg capsules (60 servings) $45.59
- 500 mg vegetarian capsules (60 servings) $29.99
- 1000 mg liquid (40 servings) $27.99
- 500 mg vegetarian liquid (60 servings) $59.99
- 500 mg gummies (30 servings) $19.99
- 550 mg turmeric/ginger gummies (30 servings) $21.99
- 500 mg powder packets (15 servings) $14.99
- 500 mg powder canister (60 servings) $23.99
- 500 mg vegetarian powder canister (60 servings) $49.99
Most products have a 15% discount with subscriptions. Vegetarian choices do not have a subscription option, while gummies have an 8% discount when you buy through a subscription. You can also get an additional discount if you buy more than one bottle of gummies at a time.
These products sell in a multitude of online and in-store retail outlets. Prices are comparable to those on the company website, with adjustments for regional pricing and local sales affecting the final price.
Can You Cancel My Qunol Turmeric Subscription?
We can not cancel a retail subscription. Our website is not sponsored or affiliated with manufacturers or sellers.
That allows us to provide unbiased reviews using researched data. You need to contact the retailer you subscribe through to cancel.
Pros and Cons
Pros and Cons
- Offers joint and anti-inflammatory benefits
- Has potential as an aid for changing body composition
- Pricing is higher than other brands
- Vegetarian options are less potent
Bottom Line on Qunol Turmeric Results
There are several possible Qunol Turmeric benefits, including turmeric and weight loss potential. A wide range of products makes it convenient when adding them to your daily diet. Side effects are minimal using the hydro-soluble formulas that are easy to absorb. They are available everywhere, but the stock does run out at times. Also, be prepared to pay noticeably more for higher dosages.
Turmeric is known for multiple health benefits, but weight loss isn’t at the top of the list. We suggest making lifestyle changes that last to lose weight and keep it off. We suggest Noom. With Noom, every user partners with coaches and a support group to keep them on track and losing weight. Daily lessons and quizzes take aim at common weight loss myths and little-known facts.
Check it out for yourself, don’t take our word for it. Noom’s available as a free trial offer for a limited time!
Learn More About Noom »