Activia Review - Does This Probiotic Yogurt Work?
All dieters are tired of trying time and again to lose weight only to fight a losing battle with an ineffective supplement. My love of diet products is only bested by my passion for reviewing them 🙂 We decided to focus on ingredients, side effects, scientific studies and customer service quality for Activia. Furthermore, we read through hundreds of dieter experiences and comments. Then, we summarized and refined to give you the info you need.
What is Activia?
To start, Activia is a probiotic yogurt containing bifidus regularis, reduced fat milk, peach puree, fructose, sugar, water, whey protein concentrate, corn starch, modified corn starch and kosher gelatin.  You can eat throughout the day, supposedly helping with regularity. The small cups makes it easy to take on the go. 
Activia was initially released by Dannon in 1987 and appears to contain some natural ingredients. It’s found in local grocery stores and you have several flavors to choose from. We like the longevity of the company and that we found some favorable customer comments, but read on…
Products Similar to Activia
Ineffectiveness – “Uh Oh!”
The first concern was the ineffectiveness of Activia ingredients.  “Yogurt typically contains good bacteria which supposedly helps with digestion,” said our Research Editor. “If customers eat the Activia for the recommended two weeks and nothing happens, this is concerning.”
- “For about 2 years, I ate Activia. It didn’t help with my extremely slow digestive system and major constipation issues,” stated a dieter.
- “I purchased Activia with the belief it would help my digestive system, only to find out that it did not,” reported another.
We did find some who appreciated the results.
- “There were some bumps in the road but after about 3 or 4 weeks I leveled off with a bowel movement or 2 every day and much less bloating and never any stomach cramps,” one user said.
- Another shared, “‘I love how Danon Activia gives me a bowel movement daily.”
Adverse Effects With Activia – “Yikes”
Some customers have complained of Activia side effects.
- In fact, one user said, “I recently tried Activia yogurt because it states it can cure your tummy troubles in two weeks. On the 5th day pain started stomach area.”
- “Unable to expel gas and pooh for days, it has led me to discontinue its use completely,” claimed another person.
We did find some people who noticed a change for the positive.
- “After about a week my stomach problems stopped,” offered one user.
- As another put it, “I have not suffered any negative side effects, in fact I no longer am so gassy and bloated.”
The research we’ve done has shown if there is a particular aspect of a diet product that is especially bothersome, like negative side effects, the likelihood of prolonged weight-loss success is minimal. If Activia does in fact lead to adverse reactions, this could be a major problem. 
Here at DietSpotlight, we like to see documented clinical research that backs the diet product and its ingredients.  In regards to Activia yogurt, we did not find any scientific studies presented on the official website stating the product helps you lose weight. While there are plenty of claims that this yogurt helps promote regularity and digestive health, there does not appear to be backing for weight-loss. 
What Users Are Saying
"”Shipping of this awesome product took awhile. However, my patience did pay off the product worked exactly as it said it would if you eat two a day for a week (@ Least for me anyway) The product works like a charm! I was very surprised as I was somewhat doubtful at first but everything came out alright ~ no pun intended!:)”"
"”It’s not a bad product, it taste good, I didn’t feel a change in my digestion though. Price is comparable to other similar products”"
The Bottom Line – Does Activia Work?
Before you race through the grocery store to the dairy aisle, let’s take one more look at this one. We like that Activia contains some natural ingredients and that the price seems reasonable, but we have concerns about this one because the research doesn’t point toward weight-loss.  We’re also a bit hesitant due to customer talking about negative side effects and ingredients not working. 
If you want to lose those extra pounds, we suggest going with a supplement consisting of some clinically-tested ingredients and no reports of adverse reactions.
Among the best products we’ve seen this year is one called Dietspotlight Burn. This weight-loss supplement contains some clinically-tested ingredients that have been shown to help ignite metabolism and accelerate fat loss. We have not seen any complaints of side effects and user reviews posted on the web indicate people are seeing excellent results.
We find it shows great confidence that the makers of Dietspotlight Burn are offering a special trial offer, which is a good sign.Learn More About Burn HD »