The Mymi Wonder Patch is a transdermal patch that promises a long list of benefits, including lost inches and weight, appetite suppression, and more. The Mymi Wonder Patch sounds very alluring: apply the strip to your belly and lose weight with no effort, no diet, no exercise.
However, the company warns that you’ll have to use it for at least a month before seeing any results. With only five patches included per box, just how many boxes of these patches will users need to buy?
Claims of weight loss of 2-6 pounds per week and 1-2 inches of fat loss per month encouraged our research team to investigate this patch’s ingredients and the science behind it.
We studied ingredients, compared them to science, and read user reviews. The crew also unearthed reports of some unsavory side effects, so we have summarized and refined the findings here to bring you the info that you need on the Mymi Wonder Patch.
What is Mymi Wonder Patch?
Mymi Wonder Patch is marketed as an inventive and innovative belly fat treatment and cellulite reduction patch. It contains five natural ingredients, which are absorbed through the skin/tissue and directly into the bloodstream.
It is available as an abdomen treatment patch (belly wing), upper body patch, and a lower-body treatment patch. This weight loss patch is supposed to eliminate stubborn fat and cellulite from the belly, thighs, upper arms, face, sides, calves, and hips.
It primarily targets the area it is applied to and is intended to help you achieve the figure you’re after. The Mymi Wonder Patch is suitable for both women and men alike.
The top ingredients in the wonder patch are undoubtedly impressive, based on research.
- Skin Pharmacology and Physiology – There’s ample research connecting caffeine to weight loss, mostly when consumed orally. However, there’s research supporting the effectiveness of topical applications of caffeine. According to the journal, “caffeine increases the microcirculation of blood in the skin.”
- 3 Biotech – Saliconia is a succulent known as glasswort, pickleweeds, sea asparagus, or sea beans. The review suggests that Salicornia might have anti-diabetic properties.
- Annals of Dermatology – An anion is an ion with a negative charge. The textiles in the Mymi Wonder Patch contain infrared anions. Anions were found to be beneficial to skin health.
Mymi Wonder Patch Competitors
How Did Mymi Wonder Patch Start?
Mymi Beauty & Health is a Korea-based company behind Mymi Wonder Patch. There is little detail about the company or when the product was first introduced.
Scroll below for one of the best products we’ve seen over the last year.
Mymi Wonder Patch Claims
The marketing claims for the Mymi Wonder Patch are pretty alluring. You have a patch that applies smoothly to the skin and can be worn comfortably under clothing.
It gets rid of unsightly belly fat with no additional effort on your part. You do not have to take any pills or follow any particular diet plan.
And in 2 months, you lose 1-2 inches of fat from your belly or another area you targeted. At least, this is said to be the average fat loss. What’s more, you can shed 2-6 pounds each week with this patch.
There is not supposed to be any discomfort or side effects at all. And, the Mymi Wonder Patch is touted as entirely risk-free.
Mymi Wonder Patch Ingredients
Mymi Wonder Patch ingredients include:
- Infrared Anion
We covered caffeine, saliconia, and infrared anion earlier, but what about the remaining Mymi Wonder Patch ingredients?
Capsaicin is found in chili peppers and red hot peppers. Some research shows a connection between capsaicin and weight loss; when taken orally. According to the journal Bioscience Reports, “dietary capsaicin consumption and metabolic health can provide critical implications for the early prevention and treatment of obesity.” Additionally, research presented in the journal BMC Obesity concluded “these results suggest potential benefits of Capsaicinoids (CAPs) on body fat and fat mass in post hoc analysis.”
Sophoricoside is an herb derived from the dried fruit of the Pagoda tree. More research focused on the safety and efficacy of Sophoricoside is needed. According to a rat study in the Journal of Food Sciences, “data showed that administration of sophoricoside at 80 and 160 mg/kg·bw observably decreased the body weight.” Additionally, according to the journal Molecules, “Sophoricoside exhibits numerous pharmacological effects, including anti- inflammatory actions.”
Does it Work?
Does Mymi Wonder Patch Work?
The effect of Mymi Wonder Patch varies from person to person. There’s anecdotal evidence showing the effectiveness of Mymi Wonder Patch.
Mymi Wonder Patch Benefits
Claimed benefits of Mymi Wonder Patch include:
- Reduces unwanted body fat
- Detoxifies the skin
- Reduces the appearance of stretch marks
- Suppresses appetite
- Contains natural ingredients
- Requires minimal effort
- Fits comfortably underneath clothing
- Clinically tested
- Targets cellulite
- Easy to apply
How to Use Mymi Wonder Patch
The Mymi Wonder Patch instructions are as follows:
- Wash and dry the application site (can be used after a shower) and gently remove the film from the sticky part of the patch.
- Apply the Mymi Wonder Patch right over the naval/tummy area, and gently press it to the skin until attached.
- Remain still for a few minutes for the Mymi Wonder Patch to properly adhere to the skin.
- Leave it on for 6-8 hours, and then gently remove.
It is recommended to use the Mymi Wonder Patch every other day, with one slimming patch lasting about four weeks.
Potential Mymi Wonder Patch Side Effects
Although the main website states that there are no side effects from the Mymi Wonder Patch, there’s a chance some may notice side effects, including:
- Irritated skin at the application site
- Pain upon removal
With research available relating to weight loss patches, an older study in the journal Pharmacological Review concluded “most treatment-emergent adverse events were at the site of the patch, mainly…pain.”
Based on research presented in the journal 3 Biotech, “pairing with compatible and complementary botanicals might improve efficacy, though cross reaction-caused adverse reactions must be monitored first.”
Looking at caffeine as an ingredient in slimming patches and skin cream, the journal Annals of Dermatology concluded caffeine as a cream was , “effective for the treatment…without serious adverse effects.”
Based on a study published in the journal Molecules, as it relates to capsaicin, concluded “capsaicin therapy is not without its adverse effects including pain.”
Mymi Wonder Patch Product Warnings
There are some Mymi Wonder Patch warnings you need to be aware of before using this product. These are as follows:
- Mymi Wonder Patches can stick to clothing.
- Some users may experience irritation to the skin.
- Do not get the area wet where the Mymi Wonder Patch is applied.
- Be sure to remove Mymi Wonder Patch after 6-8 hours.
- Women who are pregnant or nursing should not use this slimming patch.
- If you are taking a prescription drug/medication, you need to consult your doctor before using the Mymi Wonder Patch.
- This product is intended for men and women ages 18 and older.
- The Mymi Wonder Patch is not suitable for sensitive skin.
- Individual results will vary.
Where to Buy
Where Can You Buy Mymi Wonder Patch?
You can purchase the Mymi Wonder Patch via websites such as Amazon, eBay, and Groupon.com.
Mymi Wonder Patch Price
On Amazon, you can get a pack of 5 patches for $9.99.
Mymi Wonder Patch Pros and Cons
Mymi Wonder Patch Pros
Mymi Wonder Patch Cons
- No research supporting the claims
- Potential side effects
“It works perfect you feel the burn if you are walking or running. – I wish I ordered more product i love this item.”
“My very first use this is what happened I felt an Terri itch I am never allergic to any thing and this gave me the worst burning itch of my life!”
“I enjoy the product after 2 uses have seen results.”
The Bottom Line on Mymi Wonder Patch
Before you purchase a box of Mymi Wonder Patch, take a moment to hear our final thoughts. Well, we like that seems reasonably priced and that we found some favorable customer comments, but the lack of scientific research leaves us a bit skeptical about this one. Customer reports of ineffectiveness and negative side effects also have us concerned.
Making long-term lifestyle changes can often derail your weight-loss efforts. That’s why we believe making those changes with support is a much more effective solution. And, believe it or not, there are apps that can help you stick with the changes for good.
Among the best apps we’ve seen this year is one called Noom. Noom works with personal menus, human coaching, and clinically-proven methods that have been shown to help men and women lose weight and keep it off.
For a limited time, Dietspotlight readers gain access to Noom for a 7-day trial. Read up on Noom today.
Learn More About Noom »