Twin Peaks Protein Puffs are a low-carb snack and recipe ingredient marketed toward those looking for a more nutritious food source between meals or ingredients to pick up protein and flavors in dishes. What do Twin Peaks Protein Puffs taste like? Asking yourself, where can I buy Twin Peaks Protein Puffs?
Our research looked into the company, the ingredients, what customers had to say in Twin Peaks Protein Puffs reviews, and peer-reviewed data to see if these might be a snack for you.
Twin Peaks Protein Puffs can be purchased through their Official Site.
What Are Twin Peaks Protein Puffs?
Twin Peaks Protein Puffs ingredients are supposed to be a low-carb source of nutrition. What is the big deal behind low-carb snacking, gluten-free products, and low-carbohydrate dieting?
- Nutrition: Metabolic health is a concern for many Americans. A 2015 critical review highlights that restricting dietary carbohydrate intake can have positive effects on metabolic health and weight reduction. It also mentions it is cheaper and safer than pharmacological treatment.
- Gastroenterology & Hepatology: Some people have gluten-related health issues that require them to avoid ingesting the protein found in wheat and other grains. One 2018 article concluded some preliminary data show that a gluten-free diet might also benefit other health conditions.
- Europe PMC: Lower carb intake is crucial for those using a low-carb or ketogenic diet. One 2019 review article points out that nutritional ketosis is possible when carbs are limited to 10% intake, something these puffs could help achieve.
Twin Peaks Protein Puffs Competitors
Who is Behind Twin Peaks Protein Puffs?
Two veterans created Twin Peaks Ingredients (TPI Foods) in 2018. They wanted to change how people snacked, using their background in the nutrition industry. The result of their efforts is the line of protein puffs Twin Peaks makes.
Twin Peaks Ingredients specializes in direct and online sales of consumer health food. It focuses on optimum food ingredients for specialty diets, physical fitness, sports nutrition, and overall wellness. The namesake and inspiration of the double-crested mountain logo are mountains in the southwestern portion of the United States.
Scroll below for one of the best products we’ve seen over the last year.
Twin Peaks Ingredients Customer Service
TPI Foods has an unclaimed profile on Trustpilot that does not contain customer feedback. Our research failed to locate entries on other customer feedback sites like Yelp. You can read limited information on company profiles through sources like Linkedin.
Twin Peaks Ingredients
14985 Hilton Drive
Fontana, California 92336
An online form is available on the Contact Us page of the company website stating someone will contact you within one business day.
Twin Peaks Ingredients and the Better Business Bureau
Twin Peaks Ingredients does not have an open Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile. It is not BBB accredited or rated. There are no Twin Peaks reviews, and the BBB does not list any customer complaints closed in the previous three years.
Twin Peaks Protein Puffs Flavors and Packaging
What do Twin Peaks Protein Puffs taste like? TPI Foods makes several flavors, available in a 60-gram travel size bag (two servings) or 10.6-ounce canister (10 servings). A single serving of the protein puffs Twin Peaks sells equals 30 grams or approximately one cup.
Twin Peaks Protein Puffs flavors include:
- Garlic Parmesan
- Jalapeno Cheddar
- Nacho Cheese
- Margherita Pizza
- Mesquite Barbecue
- Sour Cream & Onion
Travel size bags are available in 12 or 24-pack travel size combos. The 24-pack contains four of each Twin Peaks Protein Puffs flavor. Available 12-pack combos:
- Two of all flavors
- Six of each flavor (Nacho/Jalapeno, Garlic/Margherita, or Mesquite/Sour Cream)
- Twelve of a single flavor (Jalapeno Cheddar or Nacho Cheese)
The 10-serving canisters are sold individually or as a three-pack (popular flavors in individual bundles and some mixes). You can also build your own travel 12-pack or three-canister bundle on the company website.
Twin Peaks Protein Puffs Ingredients
All flavors contain:
- Milk Protein Isolate
- Sunflower Oil
- Yeast Extract
- Silicon Dioxide
Other ingredients get used in one or more flavors. The company does not list the amount of each ingredient per serving on its nutritional value labels.
Twin Peaks Protein Puffs Ingredients: Benefits
Milk Protein Isolate is the first ingredient listed in Twin Peaks Protein Puffs. Nutrition & Metabolism states dairy is associated with a decrease in some health disorders, with desired body composition changes in lean muscle mass and adipose tissues.
Another ingredient found in Twin Peaks Protein Puffs is Sunflower Oil. Many foods contain palm oil, which is known to raise cholesterol levels. Agronomy for Sustainable Development concludes that Sunflower Oil could make a healthy palm oil alternative.
Salt is another ingredient found in all flavors of protein puffs, with sodium values ranging from 350-400mg (15-17% DV) per serving. The New England Journal of Medicine notes that the current average American dietary salt intake is excessive.
Twin Peaks Protein Puffs provide 21 grams of keto-friendly protein per serving. The journal Advances in Nutrition notes that protein intake reduces efficiency as we age. It also says we can make up for the deficiency by increasing protein in meals.
The Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition also reviewed protein intake. It highlights the organization’s view of protein as a contributor to stimulating muscle protein synthesis when consumed by individuals before or after their resistance exercise sessions.
Some people, including athletes, may worry about losing muscle with low-carb eating. The Journal of Human Kinetics published test results in 2018 using male basketball players. It concluded that a four-week long low carbohydrate diet allowed the basketball players to reduce body fat while preserving their fat-free mass.
Twin Peaks Protein Puffs may be keto-friendly, but is a ketogenic diet healthy? Atherosclerosis looked into the pros and cons of the ketogenic diet in 2020. It states that this type of diet can improve metabolic markers and initiate rapid weight loss. The diet can also increase the dieter’s cholesterol levels.
Where to Buy
Where Can I Buy Twin Peaks Protein Puffs?
The protein puffs Twin Peaks sells are available online at sources like:
- TPI Foods – 12-pack $59.99, 24-pack $99.99, single canister $24.99, three canister bundle $69.99. Twin Peaks Ingredients offers a 15% discount on subscriptions
- Amazon – Single canister $24.99 and three pack travels bags for $19.99
- GNC – Single travel bag for $2.99, with a 10% discount on subscriptions
Are you wondering where can I buy Twin Peaks Protein Puffs in-store? The store locator indicates Ralphs supermarket chain (a Southern California subsidiary of Kroger Foods) offers single canisters for delivery, pickup, or shipping at $24.99. There are also a couple of individual retail outlets on the store locator list in states like Florida.
Pros and Cons
Pros and Cons
- A lower carb count makes Twin Peaks Protein Puffs more keto-friendly than other puff snacks
- These puffs are free from nuts, potatoes, and soy and are gluten-free as well
- You can buy several flavors and packing options, including bundles and multi-bag packs
- These snacks are not completely allergy-friendly as some ingredients are known allergens
- Customer Twin Peaks Protein Puffs review entries appear to be hit or miss with the flavors
- These are pricey snacks or recipe ingredients if consumed as part of your daily diet
Bottom Line on Twin Peaks Protein Puffs Results
Twin Peaks Protein Puffs offer a keto-friendly alternative to more carb-intensive chip and puff snacks. Those wondering what Twin Peaks Protein Puffs taste like might find at least one of these unique flavors to their liking. They are not cheap, however, considering the amount you get in travel bags or containers. Also, puffs may not be as filling as more solid snack options.
We stand by the fact that learning how to eat for health is the best solution for weight loss. That’s why we suggest the Weight program from Noom. With dedicated coaches, support groups, and daily lessons with quizzes to keep you on track, it just works.
Take Noom for a spin with the free trial offer available right now!
Learn More About Noom »